Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

Cycling 2021

4 posts in this topic

Another pandemic year, but still I've managed to get out for 1514 km so far.  Not half bad.  The Granfondo Axel Merckx is usually in the middle of July but this year it's in late September.  I should have over 3000 km under the wheels by then!

Granfondo 2021 was cancelled again due to Covid but the free registration I was offered in 2020 can now be used in 2022, July 10th to be exact.  Assuming we're still not in the throes of Covid then (which is possible what with waning vaccine effectiveness with time and the super high 90+% threshold needed to beat Delta to the point that hospitals aren't bursting).

Anyway... as of today I have ridden 2983 km and before August is done I will have for sure exceeded 3000.  Hoping for 4000 km in the end for 2021 but that will be weather-dependent.  Heading to the Interior - including the hotel we booked for the Granfondo - and Alberta in just over a week and the bike will come with me for a few rides.  Not back until Sept 22.

Too bad there's no Granfondo again this year. The interior is not a great place to be right now because of the quickly increasing Covid numbers.

What do we do about folks who choose not to get vaccinated?

Gap of a couple of years....

Only hit 3642 km in 2021; just a touch over 2000 in 2022.

2023 was a bit of a cycling writeoff (only 1600 km) due to a gall bladder removal, weather, a 6 week trip to Europe and one of my two bikes cracking its frame. The latter was covered by the Cervélo lifetime warranty but bike tech has moved on so much since 2011 that none of my stuff would fit the new "free" frame. So I got a very large discount on this 2024 Caledonia:

May be an image of bicycle and text

Looking forward to its 1:1 climbing ratio, 12 speed cluster, bigger tires and disc brakes. Okanagan Granfondo 2024 awaits.