Getfuzzy

Fuel guage countdown

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've been going through this forum looking for possible preventive maintainence items and came across the fuel guage countdown. I have never seen this in my car, it goes blank (no blob showing) "empty" and there is no other info regarding the fuel. The first couple of times I filled up soon after seeing "empty", I only put in 15-16 liters to fill up. This is a bit annoying adding a fuel stop too early, especially on longer trips (I carry a 5L can now). How do I enable the countdown? I forgot to add my engine light is on constantly, I'm thinking this just happened but I only drove it for a month or so last year (summer car only) and can't remember if it was on then. I know I got oldtimer's disease. lol TIA.

Edited by Getfuzzy
adding info

It shows you a 5 liters left message I think after all the blobs disappear I have only done it once, I never let mine go below 1 blob....but that's just me.

That's odd.  Usually, when the countdown is showing one 'blob' and then that disappears, a countdown should start, showing 5.0 L then 4.5, then 4.0 and so on down to zero.

I am NOT a mechanic so I can't answer your question, but the countdown should be there.  Perhaps our Guru's on this site can help.

According to the Operator's manual, the fuel tank is 22 liters of which 5 liters is reserve, so in theory, the countdown 'should' start with 17 liters used up.

Smart Tech. Data 01.jpg

Smart Instrument cluster - fuel gauge..jpg

I remember somewhere on the forum here that it can be enabled/disabled via the STAR program - has to go into one of the coding section if I remember correctly.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, stickman007 said:

I remember somewhere on the forum here that it can be enabled/disabled via the STAR program - has to go into one of the coding section if I remember correctly.

Yes it can...I found it by mistake as usual....when playing around in mine....I personally like the warning IF I ever allow it to get that low again which I don't...lol