Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartzuuk

Adding a profile picture

8 posts in this topic

You apparently need to add a profile picture from an existing URL of said picture, meaning, it has to be on the site somewhere.... I must have lost mine years ago, so here goes trying to upload a new one....

scream_dwayne.jpg

Ok, so that does not work, as apparently the picture needs to "not be" on clubsmartcar.com!

Hmm.....

Save the image to your computer.  It should be ok to transfer to a profile picture from there. :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here is a tool from another forum http://photoposting.is-great.net/ I use  you put your picture in and you get a code to copy and paste.  ZKieB1ul.jpg

That should work.

Nigel

Edited by Nigel
1 person likes this

23 hours ago, Leadwing said:

Save the image to your computer.  It should be ok to transfer to a profile picture from there. :)

I have tried to see why I cannot upload a profile photo directly, but I cannot! Can you?

I can upload a cover photo though, but NOT the profile photo!

I will try using the hosted picture at the site you reference Nigel, as a last resort for now.

Here's the reply from the folks who provide the software for this site:

Hi there! You'll have a better shot at getting clarification by reaching out to the site's owner/administrator. However, if the owner has not allowed members to upload profile photos, simply to use the URL, then yes - you would need to upload your profile photo elsewhere, then use the image's link (example: www.image.com/profile.jpg) in the area that's asking for it. There *is* a way for our platform to allow the member to upload their photo directly to the platform, so perhaps they disabled that.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Our webmaster possibly could enable people to load photos directly from a computer...  :)

Unfortunately I have found that our modern cameras are far too good at taking high res. photos.  This mb count is far above the limit set by our site from what I understand....my new to me, the lowest budget phone takes 12. something mb pictures. I have found that in the settings on the phone you can turn down this to just about 2 mb sized pictures....that should fit the site's restrictions....no..?   BUT it ruins the high quality pics for every day needs or likes.  You could always turn the needed pictures down to the lowest setting which is what my phone is just about 2 mb and then turn it back up for your daily pictures....?     But far easier is to use a site like suggested above.  Unless you like me do not care about resolution on my daily pictures etc.