cheapsmart

EU Signal Lights - Help!

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

My front signal light is burned out. This is an opportunity to move them back where they belong. I'm trying to follow this guide, but there's no photos. Is there supposed to be a male connector for the EU signal light location? I understand I need to disconnect the Canadian light location, and connect the Euro location with some wire splicing. I have the bulb in my hand, in the fitting that holds it in the light, and all that - but there's no wires to connect in to. I don't yet have the front clip off.

Does anyone have any photos to share of the mod? https://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?/topic/1363-how-to-return-the-turnsignals-to-the-euro-spot/

The internet is a sad place when you go looking for old things. So much knowledge being lost!!

Edited by cheapsmart

All right, I figured it out. The driver side has a connector with a terminated pair of wires. The passenger side has a bulb, but no connector and no pigtails. I suspect a previous owner is responsible, as one light is clearly newer.

So - the next question - where do I get a pigtail. Cheap?

Any wrecker.....they all should have the stubbed off connector/pigtail.

Good chance Glenn (smart142) would also have one.  He is in London.  Contact info under service options top of this page.

Nigel