Evolution

450/451 build

36 posts in this topic

38" tires....Hmmmm....not that I disagree with big or go home...lol.   But can it turn them?

Asking for a friend....lol

Haha good question. On concreate and no power steering turns great. I think just for kicks I will put the 38s on the diesel just to post pictures. "Hey guys check out my new lifted diesel!" I already have 6 to 3 lug adapters so just need 2 more haha.

one of mine (450) had a big piece cut out of firewall behind the passenger seat...it was easy to weld back and seal

previous owner had done it to access the starter ...he was also nice enough to snap off every glow plug and then drill them off center....and as a bonus one of them had a broken easy out jambed into the hole 

1 hour ago, Evolution said:

Wow, just wow. The hole there is about hand sized or 6x6. At least it is thoroughly duct taped over.

That's thermostat sized....or just to get his hands near the starter...?  The power cable BS for alt and starter will cause your hair to turn white....lol. IF you haven't figured it out by searching how the wiring is done.....idiotic.

I replaced the started in an 08 convertible I bought in NY. That sucked. I know roughly the route the wires run. Really I just know it is better then the 20'+ of wiring from the suburban had.

I think the guy screwed me. I dont think the entire exhaust system is even there. So looks like I am just as well off getting a gaser and swapping it all out anyways.

There is only one piece to the exhaust system...lol....

I don't think they have a cat but there isn't a soot particulate filter which is 590 to 1175 euro and 45HP. Not to mention the engine is from the years that are listed at 54HP. At least from what Wikipedia says.

CAT is inside single muffler at the inlet end, easily removed if need be...lol.  Just a little surgery. If done well no-one will notice....

Good to know hehe. My state doesn't test emissions normally and diesels at 10,000lb vehicle weight and up. Regardless my truck or I prob put out more emissions that this thing. Straight piped gasers sound cool. I wonder about the diesel haha. I will spring for it once I get it running and recover finantially from building it part by part.