Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xandria

Vancouver Cruise night: Wednesday, June 15, 2005

19 posts in this topic

Come one, come all to a Smartie Cruise Night

Who: anyone with a smart car

What: meet up, cruise along a specified route together, and end up at a convenient location to socialize with other smarties

When: Wednesday, June 15, approximately 7:00 p.m. (congregation at the place of origin can begin any time after 6:00 p.m.)

Where: see below (Commercial Drive & downtown Vancouver)

Why: to meet fellow smarties, and make a splash with more than one smart car in a row!

This particular cruise will begin at Trout Lake, just off Victoria Drive. We will cruise down Commercial Drive, and then head across the viaduct, winding our way up Davie St., then cruise along Denman St., and finally down Robson Street. The cruise will take approximately 45-60 minutes.

Afterwards, we will congregate at the Atlantic Trap and Gill on Davie St. (parking should be free at that time), for a pint and snacks in true maritime fashion (remember, each of our smart cars spent some time in Halifax!). Parking is a little scary down there in terms of availability, but we can fit two smarties per parking space if we need to.

While the cruise may seem complex, everything is a right turn (hopefully we won't lose any one). If we do lose some people on the way, just meet up with us at the Atlantic Trap and Gill (I'm sure we will be there a while).

I apologise that I don't have a map available, but I think the route below will make sense. You can plug everything into your GPS, plot your course on your own map and so forth. Any questions, please ask.

See everyone there!

THE ROUTE

Begin at Trout Lake (Victoria & 15th Ave East) -- there's a nice big parking lot to congregate

http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/parks/cc/troutlake/

Go out on 15th (travel west) -- if we can't all make it across Victoria at once, we can wait on 15th before heading down Commercial Drive

Turn right onto Commercial Drive (then travel north) -- get in to the left lane SHORTLY AFTER Broadway due to vehicles parked on the right hand side of the street further down

Turn right on Frances Street (and travel in East)

Turn right on Victoria St. (and travel south)

Turn right on Venables St. (and travel west) -- get into the right hand lane BEFORE Clark St. due to left-hand turners on Clark

Venables becomes Prior Street and then splits off (continue going straight), follow through over the Dunsmuir viaduct (continue travelling west)

Turn right on Homer St. (and travel north)

Turn right on Hastings Street West (and travel east)

Turn right on Cambie Street (and travel south), which eventually ends and then turn right on Pacific Boulevard

Turn right on Davie St. (and travel west) -- AFTER Burrard Street get into the left-hand lane due to parked cars on the right side

Turn right on Denman St. (and travel north)

Turn right on Robson Street (and travel east) -- BEFORE Burrard Street, get into the right hand lane as the left-hand lane will turn down Burrard Street

Turn right on Richards Street (and travel south)

Turn right on Drake St. (and travel west)

Turn right on Seymour Street (and travel north) -- FIND PARKING

Destination is: Atlantic Trap and Gill (612 Davie St.@ Seymour Street) http://www.trapandgill.com/

:beerchug:

This is just a reminder about the Vancouver cruise night this Wednesday night (one day away). See you there. If you've any questions, just ask!

Sorry you couldn't make it, Adrian. Really wanted to meet you. Next time!

A great time was had by all, I think. It's 11:30 p.m. and we just got home. I'll upload pictures later. I need sleep. But it was a fun group, a great array of smarts and quite an enjoyable route. Karaoke Maritime Pub Style was a little amusing, but I'm glad we landed seats in the furthest corner away from said "open mic".

I look forward to meeting more Vancouver and visiting smarties next time!

Cheers.

Interesting tidbit.

5 Cars showed up.

3 coupes

2 Cabs.

All were passions!

Black, white, Gray, blue & Red (the baby of the bunch)

we need pictures ...... a picture is worth a thousand words, and it's a lot less typing.....

looks like you all had a great time! lol, that picture of steve's interior is priceless, now I know why he's getting the 3.9L/100kms, I wonder if mixed is driving with both seats out :blink:

So Steve's got his seat out ...... man that's serious, I think that makes us about even seeing as how I have managed to drop down to about 188 lbs.........

and I still have both my seats in the car, thanks Adrian :horseshit:

Who is who ........... we all know is Xandria is (taking picture), and Harold Ramis....just kidding ......

post-62-1119025442.jpg

From left to right.

Airbus's female friend.

S_Mack

TFM (ME)

Shung

(Err, I forgot your name! Starlight Blue & Silver) :blush:

AirBus (Not pictured but really, really tall guy)

And as you guessed. Xandria is the one behind the camera. Nude. :flowers:

looks like you all had a great time! lol, that picture of steve's interior is priceless, now I know why he's getting the 3.9L/100kms, I wonder if mixed is driving with both seats out :blink:

He is going to get better yet, he is on serious dieting. :bustamove::bustamove:

Err, I forgot your name! Starlight Blue & Silver)

That's OK.

Sorry we had to take off early!