Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flekker

3 bars in display

2 posts in this topic

Looking for a diagram for the Canadian model 2006 diesel.  I am looking for the running and head light wireing.

Initially I had no running lights on the left of the car (front and back). I changed the little box where the battery is and no difference.  Cant remember the pins from the sam unit but when there was power coming out to the light circuit but nothing at the head light.  I not having a proper diagram to use I decided to disconnect the supply wire to the low beam and connect other wire that was there (i assume the wiring for head light in other parts of the world).  I then had running and low beam on the left hand side but still nothing on the LH in the rear.

1 month later and all I have working is the high beams on both sides and only running and low beam on LH side.  trying to find out where the connection (plugs in the harness)from sam unit to the rail light and head light.

I also have the 3 bars showing up one or twice every day for about the past 3 months. To and from work about a 220 km round trip.

90% of the time it happens when the car is decelerating or if I let off the gas.  Happens at any speed. The 3 bars show up and it seems to shift into neutral. If I press the gas the RPM goes up.  I have to pull over, shut the car off, turn the key on if 3 bars go away it will start.  If the 3 bars are till there I have to keep cycling the key from on to off until the bars disappear. (if I have to cycle the key when the key is turned on I can hear the shift motor selecting gears every time is turn the key from on to off until the 3 bars disappear.) I checked the wire harness at the shift motor and along he precooler and all is fine.

Any suggestions is welcome.  At this point all I can come up with is to pull the drive train and rip the harness apart or if anyone has a good harness I will swap it.

Take your SAM apart and check the row of pins well known to get sold solder joints(cracks around the actual pins) that need to be de-soldered then re-soldered...easy job if you have a newer soldering iron that is a high heat unit. Use de-soldering braided wire to suck the old solder off pins and simple clean with some flux/acid and re-solder.  The burnt pins will be the centre ones controling the headlights and while you are in there check the rest in that row, fuel pump is at one end or close to it.   

As for the 3 bars, what is your boost levels like? do they go over 16.4 if they do the car will go into limp mode and act like you are describing. Mine does it almost every time after allowing it to sit idle for any length of time especially after a good rain soaking. I simply remove rear bumper and rework waste gate and lube it.....good until the next time.  IF that isn't it, try readjusting your actuator and check for the dreaded hole in the shift fork arm where the actuator pushes against it. IF not that recheck your gear selection wiring. Check for continuity between wire and through plug as in is the wire cut at the crimpings...?  Yes I have found one of mine like that. IF you take your gear selection motor off don't take it apart....or it will need to be retaught and I expect it will also if you take it off transmission...?  Have you removed the white connection at the front of the battery well or at least c hecked it for corrosion?  Also the silver box above battery area that transport canada installed which controls the headlights and all lights I believe....again for corrosion. One of mine was covered inside with the white death, tooth brush and vinegar and a hair drier and some clear nail polish fixed it.   Hope this helps.