Willys

Best place to buy a battery....?????

9 posts in this topic

OK, seems I have neglected my battery and it's decided to leave me standing....FFS...!!!!

The battery may be 6 years old, maybe..?   It also wasn't that cold only minus 20 at worst for a few days....so maybe...?  

Any way....anyone know where the best place is to buy one....?  I'm not looking for the gold plated version.....lol.    So the stealership is out...!!!

5 hours ago, smart142 said:

Costco is the cheapest.

Seems they are out of stock....figures...

Canadian tire has the right size (length, width, height) and has many different cranking amps to suit your needs.  Only 6 years on your current battery?  My '06 still has the original battery in it and it is working fine.

1 person likes this

Charged the battery back up and will see if it kept it's charge over the last 2 days.....today it will be the test.....start or get jumped....!
I found a small led light on my extra cigarette socket attachment facing the passenger side that was on all the time.......so maybe that was enough over a 2 week period in the cold weather to drain it down enough. It was showing 11 V  so not enough to start....as soon as I charged it fully it started right up.   It has been 2 days since.....and I went and purchased a good 1500amp charge pack.....yes much larger than for Smart Car sized engines, thinking forward to larger machines.

i would also suggest costco

best hassle free warranty service ive ever seen

if they dont have an exact group size you need just find one that fits 

On 1/6/2022 at 8:19 PM, Leadwing said:

Canadian tire has the right size (length, width, height) and has many different cranking amps to suit your needs.  Only 6 years on your current battery?  My '06 still has the original battery in it and it is working fine.

That is certainly incredible. Do you use a desulfator/charger? I have no problem getting 15 years out of a battery with them and good maintenance. 

10 hours ago, Sparky said:

That is certainly incredible. Do you use a desulfator/charger? I have no problem getting 15 years out of a battery with them and good maintenance. 

I use a standard battery maintainer.  This is the type I have been using.

Battery Maintainer 2.jpg

Battery Maintainer 1.jpg

1 person likes this

Excellent. A great charger with a pulse maintenance mode which is the desulfation mode. I use The Ctek Muse 4.3 , a Ctek Multi US 7002 and an Xtreme XC100 All very good desufation modes giving you the best life from your batteries.