Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
450ken

Hot Shot Secret Diesel extreme

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I patched over from the Ram Ecodiesel forum because I went Smart, you know the old saying once you go smart you will never go back especially since gas is supposed to hit $1.85 per litre in the spring. The Rams are a lot more complex but one thing I learned about is the Hotshot Secret engine and fuel additives. I don't work for them but have used their products, they work as they say maybe better than they say. Hotshot Secret diesel extreme is very useful for cleaning the fuel system and injectors as well as sensors in the exhaust stream I would go that route before taking injectors apart for sure. Also Hot Shot Secret Every Day fuel treatment raises the diesel fuel Cetane rating noticeably and adds  significant lubricity to the fuel. With my Ram that ran flawlessly. When I used Hotshot secret Every Day Diesel treatment it raised the Cetane rating, to me similar to slight timing advance. My engine ran so smooth if I was at a noisy intersection at a stop light I couldn't tell without looking at the RPM gauge if the engine may have stalled. Point is these are very good products you can buy from Amazon that can make your car run better and last a lot longer fuel injection wise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvwZ0qbfrwE

Edited by 450ken

Hmmmm....?   The main reason you take your injectors apart and replace the nozzles is because the holes in the end of the nozzle are deformed from the high pressures being driven through them.  Take a look at your nozzles under a magnifying lense and you'll see it. I wouldn't have said it made any difference but after changing them and then shooting carb cleaner through them the difference was staggering!  Before the direction of the flow was all over the place and the size of the stream was weaker. Install new nozzles and you get 5 spray streams going in the correct direction. 4 going in equal directions and the last going off to where it supposed to go, don't know where but it is the same on all 3.

I use Kleen Diesel additive, seems to work.....any better than others I do not know, but I did noptice a small difference mostly in mileage numbers.

To each their own....but i swear by replacing nozzles and sonic cleaning the rest of your injectors, carefully speaking of course.

I am a retired diesel mech 35 years experience I have tried all kinds of diesel additives and Kleen diesel along with over 90% of them are junk fuel additives. I'm all about stopping problems before they get started and increasing the service life of my vehicles.