Leadwing

No-Slam feature.

7 posts in this topic

I thought I would start a new thread so I am not distracting from the original theme of other threads.

This short video is to show both the No-Slam and express up and down window feature.

My apologies in advance for the shaky quality of the video.  Only one person trying to do both record and open the door. .. Me.  That, combined with bright sunlight and "Transitions" glasses meant that I couldn't clearly see what I was doing. 

Smart no-slam.mp4

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Vulicevic said:

How do I get this for my cab?

It's a small device that is easily installed in each door.  The device was made by Stickman007.  I'm not sure if he is still making them, but if he is, all that is needed is to make sure that you have power to both windows with the ignition off.  I have included a few photos below so if you have the skills, you "could" build one yourself. A Sharpie pen is shown to demonstrate the actual size.  The photos may not be too clear since I was using a 20 year old cell phone camera to take the pictures.

Smart no slam windows 001.jpg

Smart no slam windows 002.jpg

Smart no slam windows 003.jpg

Smart no slam windows 004.jpg

Smart no slam windows 005.jpg

Smart no slam windows 006.jpg

Smart no slam windows 007.jpg

From what I understand, this mod is good to help prevent a leaky windshield in the coupes. The air pressure from having to slam the doors to close causes the windshield to flex. They are more air tight than our cabrios.

@Leadwing I did not make the original no-slam modules. I’m actually not sure who was responsible for them…?

I am making an attempt to make my own no-slam and one-touch module using an Arduino. My prototypes have been working okay, just trying to sort out some bugs…the project has just been in the back burner. Wiring is sorted out, just that occasionally, the one-touch will activate without holding the full 3s that I’ve programmed.

I can post the wiring and program code when I get a chance to sit down in a few weeks (coming to Ontario for vacation!). We can make it open source like the EGR emulator and people can go make with own or customize it. 

Izzy

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, stickman007 said:

@Leadwing I did not make the original no-slam modules. I’m actually not sure who was responsible for them…?

Izzy

Thanks for jolting my memory.  As I recall (now).it was a member from the Kitchener / Cambridge area who made the ones I have in my car,, but he no longer makes them.  His screen name was Pinhead19 .  Here is a link if anyone is interested in the premier posts on the subject.