Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sheepfaced

No Dash lights

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi Guys, so I accidentally while jumpstarting my 450 diesel put the cables on wrong, only for a second. I have no dashlights now, checked all fuses, all good. What else should I be looking at.  Thanks

Edited by sheepfaced
Spelling error

To the left of the cigarette lighter there is an interior light and to the left of that is a push switch.  That switch turn on and off the dash lights, give it a push.

Fingers crossed

Nigel

The switch Nigel is referring to actually dims the dash lights.  Unless you are on a completely dark road with no outside light sources at all, it's very difficult to tell if they are on or not.  Same solution though.  Just try switching it on.  (fingers crossed)   

Hi, did all that, still no lights on dash. Checked all fuses whith meter and they all were good.I did not drop the Sam unit and check those though. Thanks Mike

Posted (edited) · Report post

43 minutes ago, sheepfaced said:

Hi, did all that, still no lights on dash. Checked all fuses whith meter and they all were good.I did not drop the Sam unit and check those though. Thanks Mike

Drop your SAM, it's not hard after you figure out how the clasps holding it work...lol   The first time or two it'll drive you nuts trying to get it to release.....it did me...lol   Now I can drop mine down easily.
Also open up your SAM and check the usual pins and connections for any hot spots.....just unfold it carefully and yes it will look like it'll fall apart but it will open up .

Edited by Willys