Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fumoon

05 CDI

6 posts in this topic

Just for reference...

On average out of every 100KM, 15km highway doing 100 and the other 85km in the city doing 65

Not bad I guess.....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

3.7 L/100 km, pretty normal for these. I'd recommend not regularly going to 0.5L because the fuel lift pump is cooled by the (already warm) fuel so it may burn out...I fill at 5 L if at all possible.

Posted (edited) · Report post

First thanks for the warning...:)

I knew about the affect on overheating the fuel pump by drying up the tank, just like overfilling the gas tank and screw up the charcoal canister.

I normally will fill up when the half tank light goes off.

That photo originally was to show friends as a Smart car owner I can play chicken down to 0.5 liters.....:D

Edited by fumoon

Oh No!  I have been filling up my smart right to the top forever.  Never thought that I might be screwing up a charcoal filter.

Alan

12 minutes ago, Henry said:

Oh No!  I have been filling up my smart right to the top forever.  Never thought that I might be screwing up a charcoal filter.

Alan

I also for the past 4 years have been filling mine right tot he top every fill....also when the last 2 blobs show....usually around the 400 km mark.  I live a bit north of regular fuel stations so risking .5 litres is a dangerous game for me...lol.   Plus overheating the pump is a known issue in most vehicles where the pump relies on fuel to keep it cool.

4 hours ago, Henry said:

Alan

No no, diesel vehicles do not need a charcoal canister.....it's for petrol, to filter out the evaporation from the gas to keep our earth green.