Mudhen

Hello to everyone

4 posts in this topic

I have just purchased a 2006 CDI and have to remove the front nose or "hood' panel". Duct covers are off and screws adjacent to the door hinges are out. Besides the 2 push-pin plastic fasteners, one on each corner, what else is there to remove. My problem seems to be that there are numerous variations from model to model so looking on-line has been unhelpful. Is there a difference between Canadian and USA models in the same model year?  Thanks ever so much!

Welcome to the club and site....Enjoy.

As for the hood, you have 5 or 6 down each door, don't forget the hidden ones under the panels just above the mirrors, then you have two behind the front smiley face grill that holds the indicators. You then will need to twist or unplug the side marker light before yanking the entire front clip off.   As far as I know all 2005-2006 450 CDI models are like this, but I could be wrong.  Once you have done it a few times it takes minutes to get it off....and you will be doing it more than you may think.

Hope this helps....

I need to do the same thing to access low beam headlights and do Preventative Maintenance ect. I cannot break the screws with a torx screw driver so I am going to borrow an impact screw driver, Paint might be the problem. There are a couple screws hidden by trim you may have missed 1 left 1 Right, YouTube had video's on this.