Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ak47

2006 450 Diesel Cabriolet Roof Help

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I have a 2006 smart fortwo diesel cabriolet, however, my roof stopped working- I did a bit of research and bought the roof repair kit from UK and also bought an extra motor and was wondering if anyone knows someone in Ontario(Canada)that might be able to help me repair it. 

When I bought the car, the roof would open, but only the first stage. the second stage wouldn't work and then the first week it got stuck(2018) so I met up with Nigel from this board - he looked at it and we couldn't figure it out - so I manually used the Allen key and closed the roof. I took it to someone who removed the second Motor and the the roof started working again, however, it felt like the cables were getting stuck so one day - it just got stuck half way. I was able to close it and never opened it (2020) - After a bit of research, I saw that the cables would need to be replaced and ordered 2 repair kits and ordered another motor. Now I want to take it to someone that knows how to take it apart and fix it. Planning on keeping the car forever so I dont mind spending some money on it while its summer time :) 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Canadian cabriolets only had one motor for the soft top when new. Weird that you say yours had two.....

I can't help with the problem though. A dealer would be able to do it, if you trust your local one. My dealer's good.