Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PowerShellMan

Source or Alternate Front Marker/Signals on 450

6 posts in this topic

I am hoping this is not "Unobtanium".   I tried getting some from eBay and pretty certain I have a pair from something newer

When the front signal sockets "Rust out" (not if) what source has anybody used for new ones *or* what alternative solution has anybody come up with to replace the old smart 450 Socket/Funky covers with something different?

Are you talking about the two in the front happy face grill...?
If so I replaced mine with cheep Chinese spots 3Watts as driving lights but was getting flashed all the time so I went to the dollar store and bought two plastic amber drinking glasses and cut the bottoms out to use as lenses. I use the spots still and drilled holes where they required to hold them in place and screwed them on. They worked great. They are cree leds I think bright as all get out. So now they are my fog spot lights.....lol.  The bottom of the glasses I simply siliconed them in place, never had an issue with them.   I bet they could still be used as indicators if you wanted.  I also used relays from battery to power them using the original wiring as the signal to power the relays.

@Willys 

LOVE that solution!

But dumbass me forgot rule 1 with anything Mercedes, ASK THE DEALER!

Ok it's $30 for a pair but Brand new sockets being shipped from Germany will be here in a week. (Apparently something like 200+ at the source)

I've had the same experience with an old '81 300CD.  Just ask first.   They will probably have it and sometimes cheaper than aftermarket

Slave Cylinder on the Transmission averages 900+ CAD.  I asked the dealer and something like $700 CAD

Anyhow little CMDLET is being brought in for "Surgery" today to identify if it's the Slave Cylinder, "Something stupid" (like a hole or loose wire) or a "Holy crap, clutch issue"

Either way with the current replacement cost of vehicles, my little Blue, Silver and White Beast will get fixed and I will be happy driving my TINY car and my oversized Gas burping monstrosity 2006 Suburban.

But it will be in my newer house in 3 months in Cornwall :)

2 people like this

Ouch!  Little CMDLET has a messed up Transmission which took out the Actuator (or vice versa).   $600 for a complete setup from Standard Autowreckers used with only 35k on it.    Should go in this week.

Hmmmm...?
Is that for the entire transmission?  IF so what do they want for the entire engine  transmission combination?   IF only 35K on it if cheap enough it could be a great deal to have as a spare...?   Worth the ask  imho.    Also easy to replace the entire unit over just the trans....?  Maybe?   OR buy the entire sub frame assembly?

they probably already sold the engine as it is not listed under that stock number HCB055   (assuming they didnt have two with same mileage )

his transmission is still listed though...i guess it takes a few days for them to update their listing

edit: id assume from the body (and listed mileage)  that it was probably there because of the engine...the only visible damage is a driver side door skin.....

Edited by LooseLugNuts