Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
raffa

450 cabrio somewhere around the globe

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hello Everyone ;)

Smart cars were very tempting for me since almost their beginning. Almost 4 years ago my dream came true. I bought a 2003 cabrio 700 ccm.

As it's not the most popular car on the market on both sides of the ocean and workshops are not familiar with them, owners' forums are a great help. I've been reading the NA forum since a long time, but finally decided it's about time to register and say hello :)

My smart has been produced for the German market in 2003 and been there until late 2018 when I bought it and brought back home :) Since then it's travelling mostly in the southern part of Poland, Europe :) It was supposed to be a car to drive to work, but quickly started to be the most popular mean of transportation in my hands :D I've been using it since for everything, including going on holiday in the mountains with my girlfriend and our bikes :) and other things, too :)

Smart cars are getting more and more popular in Poland. We're having a Polish forum, too. And we're the only region in our country to have regular monthly spots since the beginning of 2020 :) We've started it in two smarts, on the last spot there were 10 of them :) We hope that our community will grow :)

2020-09-08 14.13.39_m.jpg

2022-08-21 16.48.00_k2m4.jpg

Edited by raffa
5 people like this

In southern Ontario (Canada), before Covid, we had monthly meetings and would have rallies that had people from all over North America attending them.  Good luck with the group runs .  I hope your meets are all successful.

Smart Plunkett 04.jpg

Smart some of the group.jpg

4 people like this

Enjoy! There will likely never be another car like the 450 ever again.

2 people like this

The problem is this car was discontinued right when we need it the most for fuel efficiency and economical transportation reasons. I drive around Vancouver and the people I see driving Smart CDI's are old retired people ! A great car for pensioners !

2 people like this