Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sydney

no fuel to rail

5 posts in this topic

Hi members,   looking for some pointers on this problem.

i have no fuel to the rail.  SAM output to the LP pump was ok after all.   i did add an extermal relay triggered from the SAM anyway.

if i disconnect the fuel line  (red connector) in the engine bay  (by the oil fill cap),  there is plenty of low pressure fuel flow,  so i know the LP pump is running fine.

if i hook everything up and loosen a metal line to an injector,  i should get LP flow coming out of the metal line,   but i have nothing.

fuel should flow freely thru the high pressure pump with just the ignition on,  but it seems to be blocked. 

any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

Why do you think you should get fuel flow at the injector?

I have never seen one that does that.

With the low pressure pump running and the engine not turning over the fuel simply goes down the return back to the tank.

27 minutes ago, Mjolinor said:

Why do you think you should get fuel flow at the injector?

I have never seen one that does that.

With the low pressure pump running and the engine not turning over the fuel simply goes down the return back to the tank.

All my other smarts are like that,  if you loosen an injector line and turn the key to ignition,  you get fuel flow.  This car has no fuel flow,  plus the car won't start which is another sign of no fuel.  

imho, take the HP pump off and inspect it....see if fuel is getting to it, why if you say fuel should get through isn't and what part is damaged?
You must have a extra HP pump, no? If so simply swap it out, just to see...? Is there signal to the fuel rail sensors? Could fuel get simply sent to tank and not get into fuel rail..? 

1 hour ago, Willys said:

imho, take the HP pump off and inspect it....see if fuel is getting to it, why if you say fuel should get through isn't and what part is damaged?
You must have a extra HP pump, no? If so simply swap it out, just to see...? Is there signal to the fuel rail sensors? Could fuel get simply sent to tank and not get into fuel rail..? 

Ya,  I'm thinking it must have to do with the HP pump.  I can get fuel right to the low pressure plastic line that goes into the top of the HP pump.  But nothing coming out of the HP steel line from the pump to the rail. 

Yes I have 3 or 4 HP pumps kicking around.  Lol.