Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
montypeel

Help identifying wiring

6 posts in this topic

Hope I posted in right spot as I've never posted but have gained alot reading posts on here. 

I'm putting back together a project car I bought. 2006 Smart fortwo diesel that had a fried ecu (literally a hole melted through it). I was able to source a wrecker car and swapped out the Sam, ecu, and speedometer to get it running again. 

Still throwing some codes but getting closer to getting it on the road. 

Anyways, trying to figure out where this plugs in. It's in the same bundle as the SAM plugs but don't have anywhere to plug it in... If it helps I'm not getting any voltage to the restraint module according to obd2 scanner. 

Any help would be amazing. Thanks. (If posted in wrong spot please point me in right direction). 

20230522_115016_11zon.jpg

20230522_115013_11zon.jpg

i found a picture of a sam on a right hand drive 450

it appears to have that same plug just hanging near the grounds (grounds are brown)....not connected to anything

removal02.JPG 

3 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

i found a picture of a sam on a right hand drive 450

it appears to have that same plug just hanging near the grounds (grounds are brown)....not connected to anything

removal02.JPG 

Thanks. I looked but I couldn't find a picture with it showing. I wonder where it goes? 

IF you can get in touch with WILD, he seems to be the wiring guru and if you see his project you'll understand why...lol.  Amazing!
PM him as he doesn't visit that regularly....fingers crossed. But, I think it's a non used plug.  Did it hang close to the left foot well wall just under the dash?

Yes it did. Thanks, these cars are quirky to figure out! Thanks goodness for this website! 

its possible that it doesnt go anywhere

look close at your connector to see if it has witness/tool marks ...maybe its never been connected to anything