Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sydney

new to me 451

8 posts in this topic

Hi group,  i usually stick with the 450's but yesterday i came across a 451 that i just had to take home with me.

its a 2008 passion with 90k on it,   car is in excellent shape but ....

no start,  possible clutch shot,  3 bars  and who knows what else.   (car came with a spare SAM and has a new actuator installed)  which usually is not a good sign. :(

anyway what i plan on doing is a detailed post with lots of pictures  (like i did with one of my 450's)

smarts need to stay on the road,  so this will be another one that i need to save   (wife still thinks i have something wrong in my head) lol.

cheers.

1 person likes this

Sydney....!!!!!

Glad to see you back....I was wondering....IF you had beaten the sickness.....lol.   I see you didn't....atta boy....!!!

Can't wait to see and hear what you get up to.

How's the snow this year so far?   Are you measuring it in inches or feet   or mm or cm, please don't say m...s.....lol

11 hours ago, Willys said:

Sydney....!!!!!

Glad to see you back....I was wondering....IF you had beaten the sickness.....lol.   I see you didn't....atta boy....!!!

Can't wait to see and hear what you get up to.

How's the snow this year so far?   Are you measuring it in inches or feet   or mm or cm, please don't say m...s.....lol

its good to be back tinkering with the smarts.

i still have 3 cdi and 1 gas now.

no snow here at all.   (actually warm out today).

23 hours ago, Sydney said:

IMG_20240124_200831.jpg

here is what i have found so far.

when you turn the ignition on there is the 3 bars, but it goes away afer you depress the brake pedal.  (i can hear the actuator trying to do something)

i have 2 pending codes.

P1914 gear ahift position circuit

P0707 trans range sensor A circuit low

so here is what i have found so far.

i was able to get the car started and running with no problem at all.

\now here is what i am up against,  if i just have the ignition on i can shift from park to N then D and even switch from auto to manual and switch to 2nd.  but thats where things go bad.

if i switch from second back to 1st the display goes to N.

if i have the car running and switch from park thru R,N then drive all i get on the display is N in all positions then when i shut the car off and try to restart i get 3 bars.

i can then disconnect the battery and start the whole process over again.

i think i have it figured out  (or i found another issue).

i decided to get under the car and give the actuator a check.  it was in the retracted position and seemed way out of adjustment  (no even close to touching the clutch arm).

i removed the actuator and with my finger i could easily move the clutch arm  (it is just flopping around)

so either the thro out bearing is gone  (no likely) or the clutch is shot which seems common for a 451 with 100k on it.

20240127_211047.jpg