• Announcements

    • Awesys

      [IMPORTANT] Club smart Car Website Migration - July 2024   07/07/2024

      Hello everyone, we will be looking to migrate the Club smart Car website to a new web host and update the software so that it is on the latest version and has security features such as HTTPS:// which is now the industry standard. A lot of web browsers are marking the website as Not Secure due to this.   In the coming days, you may notice this website go offline in its current form. You will be redirected to a new website URL which will be in use to direct you to the new version of the website. We are hoping to obtain the ownership of clubsmartcar.ca and clubsmartcar.com so you can continue using these links in the near future.   The new forum will look slightly different aesthetically, but will contain all the forum posts from the many years this community has existed! This was the most important to the group looking to keep the community going. Your usernames and passwords will also remain the same.   Unfortunately, the Wiki portions (including the VIN database) will not be able to be migrated in its current form, but the list is preserved and we will look to have the information available again in time. The chatbox will also be removed.   This step is important for the continuity of this community. We are very grateful to those who have graciously run the website in the past, however, currently we have no guarantees of the website continuing on, so we are taking these steps while we can, to keep Club smart Car going into the future.   If you have any questions, please comment in this thread. Otherwise, please stay tuned for the new website URL!   Thank you, -Awesys
stickman007

4th AB Smart Car Rally

19 posts in this topic

Here it is...our 4th nerd fest! I've txted a few previous attendees...most agreed that this can take place Jun 1st. This is not exclusive, please pass the thread to someone you know or just show up if you want!

 

This is the plan:

 

7am - meeting at Stony Plain Tim Hortons (https://maps.app.goo.gl/2tnt2sQ63tdvvRWQ7)

 

7:30am - leaving Tim Hortons and taking hwy 627 or 39 and then eventually taking hwy 22 to Rocky Mountain House.

 

9:45am - Arrive at Rocky Mountain House. We can stop for Breakfast/Snacks and gas here.

 

10:30am - leaving Rocky Mountain House and taking hwy 11 to Saskatchewan Crossing

 

12:30pm - arrive at Saskatchewan Crossings. We can stop for food and or gas here.

 

1:30pm - leaving Saskatchewan Crossings and taking hwy 93 towards Jasper. I don't have an exact schedule, we can decide on the fly or later. There are a few things to see and do along the way: Athabasca Glacier/Columbia Ice Field Tours/Sunwapta Falls/Athabasca Falls/Jasper Tramp...etc.

 

Tentatively 5-6pm - Jasper for supper.

 

After supper, the rally officially ends, but most likely Alex and I would stay in either Jasper or Hinton. Feel free to join us, or you can go back to Edmonton via hwy 16.

 

1) Izzy and Alex (stickman007)

2) Jason and Ashley @Avenge95

3) Robin @Iratama

4) Jeff @WhiteyJr

5) Gilbert @gilrob

6) Andrew @Aj12

7) Jonathan and Kid @YEGSmartie

8) Shane and Laura

9) Ben and Cerina

10) Mark Rose - may join us in Rocky Mountain House

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for setting this up again Izzy! Looking forward to another great rally!

 

Whitey Jr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'll actually get to bring the 453 this year.... (fingers crossed) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Stickman007 Izzy, sorry to reach you on a random thread but I am trying to find one of these turbo main hoses for a 2015 fourtwo .8L diesel.  The dealership can't find the part number and sent me a wrong 200 buck exact copy part that was 1/4 the diameter needed.  I would take one from you direct or the proper part number. 604-780-7135 is my cell for text/calling.  Thanks!

Screenshot_20240324-235806_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Isme said:

@Stickman007 Izzy, sorry to reach you on a random thread but I am trying to find one of these turbo main hoses for a 2015 fourtwo .8L diesel.  The dealership can't find the part number and sent me a wrong 200 buck exact copy part that was 1/4 the diameter needed.  I would take one from you direct or the proper part number. 604-780-7135 is my cell for text/calling.  Thanks!

 

 

2015????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 hours ago, Mjolinor said:

 

2015????

Oops yes you are right the door panel says 07/05.  If I remember correct its a 2005 then built in September.  

 

Any help to find this part number or part would be amazing and immensely appreciated!!  Someone told me Izzy is one who would likely know the part number or even have one.  How would I direct contact him?

Edited by Isme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Isme said:

Oops yes you are right the door panel says 07/05.  If I remember correct its a 2005 then built in September.  

 

Any help to find this part number or part would be amazing and immensely appreciated!!  Someone told me Izzy is one who would likely know the part number or even have one.  How would I direct contact him?

I have an '05 parts car at my house right now. I'll look tonight to see if that hose is there. I work with Izzy, if I don't have it, he will. I'll text you later tonight.

Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2024-03-01 at 4:52 PM, stickman007 said:

Here it is...our 4th nerd fest! I've txted a few previous attendees...most agreed that this can take place Jun 1st. This is not exclusive, please pass the thread to someone you know or just show up if you want!

 

This is the plan:

 

7am - meeting at Stony Plain Tim Hortons (https://maps.app.goo.gl/2tnt2sQ63tdvvRWQ7)

 

7:30am - leaving Tim Hortons and taking hwy 627 or 39 and then eventually taking hwy 22 to Rocky Mountain House.

 

9:45am - Arrive at Rocky Mountain House. We can stop for Breakfast/Snacks and gas here.

 

10:30am - leaving Rocky Mountain House and taking hwy 11 to Saskatchewan Crossing

 

12:30pm - arrive at Saskatchewan Crossings. We can stop for food and or gas here.

 

1:30pm - leaving Saskatchewan Crossings and taking hwy 93 towards Jasper. I don't have an exact schedule, we can decide on the fly or later. There are a few things to see and do along the way: Athabasca Glacier/Columbia Ice Field Tours/Sunwapta Falls/Athabasca Falls/Jasper Tramp...etc.

 

Tentatively 5-6pm - Jasper for supper.

 

After supper, the rally officially ends, but most likely Alex and I would stay in either Jasper or Hinton. Feel free to join us, or you can go back to Edmonton via hwy 16.

 

1) Izzy and Alex (stickman007)

2) Jason and Ashley @Avenge95

3) Robin @Iratama

4) Jeff @WhiteyJr

5) Gilbert @gilrob

6) Andrew @Aj12

7) Jonathan and Kid @YEGSmartie

8) Shane and Laura

9) Ben and Cerina

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m Super excited to Finally get to join you all this time! 😃  Thank you for planning this again Izzy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stoked and great timing! Only one week away! Let’s get going! Woot woot! 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very excited! So Alex and I will be staying in Jasper for Sat night.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to the tour.

 

I have a reserved camp site at the Wapati campground. There's probably roof for a second (or third) smart.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

    Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More