Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest davidhf

Hola from Mexico

18 posts in this topic

I'm a retired US citizen living in Mexico, near Guadalajara where the Mercedes dealer has an adjunct showroom just for SmartCar! Two day ago on 3 March I became the proud owner of a 2006 fortwo coupe, silver tridion, phat red Passion, gasoline engine, power everything, stereo/cd, etc., etc. I first saw the Smart in Paris in 2001 and was in lust. I'm a vehicle nut and have been for a long time. Once I moved to this little 500 year-old town with it's cobblestone streets and very limited parking I just had to have a Smart. The full product range is available in Mexico, although the area where I live only one has been spotted until I brought mine home this week. Wherever I go it draws a crowd. The Canadians here recognise it of course, but the Americans have never seen one. I'm grateful to sites such as this and other in Canada and the UK for the information and tips you provide. The day after I got Mr. Smarty I was able to download the entire owners manual in English (mine is in Spanish), what a huge convenience. Any American that want a Smart NOW, instead of waiting for MBNA to get off their duff should simply come to Mexico, buy what they want and drive home happy.

Welcome David,Hope you enjoy your smart - I am afraid the rest of the Americans will still have a bit of a wait - there is some complications to trying to get a smart into the US - there have been several folks trying to do so from Canada.Cheers,Cameron

Welcome aboard. Would you be so kind as to direct me to the url where the manual may be downloaded. This would be most helpful.Thank you.Eileen

It's nice to see an American enjoying a legitimate smart fortwo! I hope there will be more soon.....come on Dieter.......

Hola David, I believe I have seen you in a mexican forum, right?

For those who might be interested, there?s a great mexican Smart forum. www.smartclub.com.mx

Saludos desde Mexico!!

Hola from Canada! ¿Como estas? I bet you think your SMART CAR is Mui Bien! I drove my Smart Car to Cabo San Lucas and it was great down there. No issues of any kind. (Sometimes the AC wasn't as strong as I would have liked but I liked having the windows down all of the time anyways!) I bet you get lots of looks down there. Enjoy your car. It's the best vehicle I have ever, ever, ever owned. If you live in the City you'll really like it. Especially in those tight little side streets. I think Mexico is a wonderful place, and the nicest part about Mexico by far, is the people. I've never experienced such wonderful hospitality in my life. Perhaps I'll make a trip down there and this time head down in your direction. That would be a really fun drive. Hasta luego Amigo! Les

post-2266-1173113076.jpg

post-1-1173113076_thumb.jpg

Welcome aboard David. I bet the smart is a real hit in Mexico. I was wondering if you could do us a favour? Next time you visit the Mercedes dealer, could you ask them if they have access to any complete panel sets for the coupe or cabrio in scratch black or numeric blue? Have you ever seen a smart down there wearing those colors? Thanks. Dave.

Here is a picture of a local smart in Cabo San Lucas in January - kept seeing the car - finally had the camera and smart all in one spot.Cheers,Cameron

post-375-1173148769.jpg

David, what price was the smart?Did you buy it in Guadalajara?Where is the dealer?Do you happen to recall if they had, and the price of, the convertible?How does it ride on the cobblestones?gracias,poncho :thanx:

Thanks for the welcome Mike.I ran into David today at the golf course and he gave me all the answers.muchas gracias amigoponcho