Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest domc

Smart Car being sold in Colorado now

8 posts in this topic

Been turned on to these cars since I saw a story in the local paper. So I did a search and found this place that was selling them. There is the Denver auto show coming up and I heard that they will be showing the cars there too in about two weeks. I'm definitly going to find out more info when I go.

There is a select inventory online too:

http://www.elizabethrvauto.com/smart_car.htm

Let us know what you find out!

Hmmm... we might get an answer on how high can a smart safely operate - then again these may be gas powered not CDI.

Cheers,

Cameron

Having been through Colorado - I would opt for a remap though! Some of those passes are something else. Funny to watch all the boy racers hit the thin air and not understand what is going on - do not pass go - do not collect $200 - 'cause your power band just disappeared off the top end.

Cheers,

Cameron

From what I've heard with other cars is that the OBDII computers would take cars of the high altitude.

If these cars are the DOT approved, then they should have the OBDII computers. I do notice a power drain from my 95 Mustang V8 when we drive up to the mountains in the HOT summer. 8 to 10,000 foot level. :scowl:

Well, we'll see how it goes. I've not even test drove one. There is another dealership that was featured in another newspaper up north of here. The story was that he imported them himself from Europe and is gearing interest. Here's the link to that story.

'Smart Cars' Make Their Debut In Loveland

http://cbs4denver.com/consumer/local_story_055010132.html

Glad to see them here but lots of bucks. I wonder if the big profit is why Mercedes is putting the squeese on zap and rethinking bringing them over themselves?

Yeah, I noticed the price too. That's a little to high for me. I would spend $22,000 -23,000 maybe but not $27,000.

I think this has to do more with greed than anything else. Don't you know, that is what America is about. :scowl: