Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TFM

The Great crash of '06 Discussions

If the data for the missing 3 days is recovered in the next 24 hours should the data from now to then be replaced with the recovered data?   91 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes. History is important. It must be saved. No mater what small amount is lost now.
    • No. Forget about it. We will make new history!
    • Whatever everyone else decides

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

72 posts in this topic

Good work, Dean. Did you lose the Lego site too?

I'm pretty much computer illiterate so I can only imagine what you had to go through to get the site going again. I also had no idea how much I would miss the site while it was down. You guys are awesome and I really appreciate what you have done, Thank you big time. :clapping::clapping::clapping: By the way, I got the word last Friday, that my smart is ready, :clapping::clapping: I'm flying to LA this Friday to pick it up, I haven't slep all week and couldn't even tell anybody. Thanks again for all the great work.

Dean,

A big thank you for the effort. This is incredible we only lost 3 days of data not a big deal at all, so don't stress yourself out. :clapping::clapping:

No.

There are a couple who have bent over backwards, lost sleep, agonized and painfully dealt with frustration on the behalf of all who are here. To say thank you is , of course, important, but how can we say it so you really know it is incredibly appreciated? Dinner out? A trip all expenses paid to Spuzzum BC? a Big box of chocolates and champagne? You name it and we will do it TFM.

Eileen

OMG!! Thank goodness you got everything figured out. My hands were just starting to shake and I knew I was going into smart withdrawl!!!

Thanks TFM for all your efforts!!! :beerchug:

When I first entered the site after the crash, I had to log on and was then presented with the forum list as I used to get before the crash. Subsequently, I am put into, what appears to be an "old" version of this crash thread; it ends with Mike_T's post of Apr 11 at 10:27pm. I can only get to each forum individually, by using "select forum" at the end of the thread. When I selected "site feedback", I found that the last posting was by smart142 at 10:43pm (that was the time when I was reading it). I exited the site and reentered, and got exactly the same result. The list of forums that can be scrolled through is not accessible. I guess it is the forum "home" page. I like to immediately scroll to the end to check who is currently logged on.

Many thanks TFM for your valiant efforts. CsC and this site is a big part of my life since I ordered and received my car.

Gary

TFM...if you hadn't had the 'smarts' and foresight to do your own backups on your own personal hard-drives, EVERYTHING would have been lost. The Great Crash of '06 would have been followed by the Great Depression of '06!!!

Thanks for all the time and energy you put into this site, even more-so in the last few days.

A few lost days are no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks guys. I'd like to keep this topic for notices only. Can one of you mods MERGE this in with the topic in the Site Feedback? Thanks. :lover:

Good work, Dean. Did you lose the Lego site too?

Here's the funny thing. Both my akasa site and the VLC were still on the bog standard cheap hosting... So they were not affected. :cheeky:

I'm pretty much computer illiterate so I can only imagine what you had to go through to get the site going again. I also had no idea how much I would miss the site while it was down. You guys are awesome and I really appreciate what you have done, Thank you big time. :clapping::clapping::clapping: By the way, I got the word last Friday, that my smart is ready, :clapping::clapping: I'm flying to LA this Friday to pick it up, I haven't slep all week and couldn't even tell anybody. Thanks again for all the great work.

Thanks for the kind words and WOW! Enjoy your smart! The attention you WILL GET!!! :oh:

When I first entered the site after the crash, I had to log on and was then presented with the forum list as I used to get before the crash. Subsequently, I am put into, what appears to be an "old" version of this crash thread; it ends with Mike_T's post of Apr 11 at 10:27pm. I can only get to each forum individually, by using "select forum" at the end of the thread. When I selected "site feedback", I found that the last posting was by smart142 at 10:43pm (that was the time when I was reading it). I exited the site and reentered, and got exactly the same result. The list of forums that can be scrolled through is not accessible. I guess it is the forum "home" page. I like to immediately scroll to the end to check who is currently logged on.

Many thanks TFM for your valiant efforts. CsC and this site is a big part of my life since I ordered and received my car.

Gary

Due to the way the site works clubsmartcar.ca is still at the OLD hosting site. It's forwarding all members to the clubsmartcar.com. I also had it forward to the notice so that everyone, including NEW users know what's happened and that they may have to sign up again or know that some important PM didn't make it.

It will vanish in a day or so. Better to be safe then sorry. :biglaugh:

TFM...if you hadn't had the 'smarts' and foresight to do your own backups on your own personal hard-drives, EVERYTHING would have been lost. The Great Crash of '06 would have been followed by the Great Depression of '06!!!

Thanks for all the time and energy you put into this site, even more-so in the last few days.

A few lost days are no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Part of my former job used to be data recovery. It was my job to also inform users that they had lost part or ALL of their data...

My greatly heartbreak was when I had to tell a family that 7 years of their digital photo's were GONE forever...

So I'm kinda paranoid when it comes to my own data. You should see my company server... ;)

Wow... all I can say is that it's something to see Dean in action. What a guy, what a guy. Mind, he had to stop Bulldog Xan from tearing a strip out of "the morons" -- although I will be exacting serious retribution after we've restored what we can (I lost a massive personal project because I forgot to save the database files -- sigh).

I don't need to tell you the rest -- you know the dedicated sort he is. Although there's some work ahead of all of us, and damn it sucks to lose a few days, I felt MUCH better signing up with our new providers this morning.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: Thanks so much to everyone for their kindness and understanding throughout all of this. You all make this so worthwhile. We've such a great and fun community here. Your constant support means more than words can say. Thank you.

We'll continue to make history and ensure that Club smart Car remains on the map and driving forward with its awesome crew of smarties.

Shameless Plug: Come celebrate TFM's birthday at the end of the month... join us in the trek from Vancouver to Bellingham via Duty Free for euro-smarties!

And now... omg... sleep... need sleep...

ZZZZzzzzzzzzz.......................

Thanks from me too guys! I really appreciate all the hard work you do!!!

glad we are back up! I was going through some terrible withdrawls!

Thanks TFM and Xan.

I didn't realize how much I was enjoying and relying on the CsC site until it was gone.

All your hard work is very much appreciated.

-smartmom

Many thanx to Dean and Xan for getting us up and going again!

You never realize how much you get involved in a forum, til it's gone...

I think I should drop by one of these nights to, umm...

CELEBRATE!!! :P

Eddie

ps: But I'll wait til Xan stocks up on my smarties first... ;)

Hey, thanks so much Dean for your work on this (not just now, but all the time). I don't know what you do for your work all day, but it sounds like you worked non stop to get this back up, and like the others have said we're all really thankful about it! I wish I lived closer to you guys out there that I could thank ya in person. :)

-Iain

It's obvious that a lot of time and effort goes into running this site. I can't imagine how much MORE time and effort it took to get things back up and running.

I have no doubt that everyone here appreciates all the hard work of everyone involved with making CsC such a valuable resource for smarties everywhere :)

THANK YOU!! :clapping:

Well done TFM! Like the others, I found myself wandering aimlessly around my office bouncing off of walls while the site was down.

It's good to be back home.

No.

There are a couple who have bent over backwards, lost sleep, agonized and painfully dealt with frustration on the behalf of all who are here. To say thank you is , of course, important, but how can we say it so you really know it is incredibly appreciated? Dinner out? A trip all expenses paid to Spuzzum BC? a Big box of chocolates and champagne? You name it and we will do it TFM.

Eileen

Well done indeed! I think a big thank you is in order!!

:dj:

No.

Eileen

I second!

I certainly don't know much about computers (don't need to. I have a computer-scientist husband and a teenage daughter for that!). But just from reading all these comments (which I understood as much as if they had been written in Greek) about the work that was done to bring the site back to life, I at least understand that it was a HUGE amount of work, so THANK YOU to those couple of people who have done it on account of all of us. :clapping: