Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TFM

CsC Test site

92 posts in this topic

Could the link to the forums be one less step perhaps? It felt awkward clicking on forums to take me to a link to the forums. When I clicked on it, I certainly (as a user) expected to be taken directly to the forums.

Regarding that picture show, I like i! But it doesn't seem to always work. Not sure when or why, but I often end up with just a black box.

Looking great!

- Steven

Steven,

you should be able to right click on the black square and click 'play'. the way I setup the video is to play once ony after the browser is refreshed.

Ahh, I get it :) I would have figured that out eventually... I thought it was just randomly playing sometimes and not others, but now I see. - Steven

That's amamzing! Such work! And here I thought that html was hard! - PFT!

Awesome by the looks of it over here.

Is that a winter scene at the top?

Simon, can we add a spotted type page that allows us to have images and other fun things off of the main page?

The area where the images are changing, it was used for advertisng, you can put any images it there, it will randomly display the pictures. Or everywhere else you can attach images on them. the only challenges is how to insert the images in the folders. Give me an example so I am relay to what you are thinking!

The area where the images are changing, it was used for advertisng, you can put any images it there, it will randomly display the pictures. Or everywhere else you can attach images on them. the only challenges is how to insert the images in the folders. Give me an example so I am relay to what you are thinking!

What I'm asking is it easy to add more pages to the site? Like a spotted page (http://clubsmartcar.ca/spotted ) type thing but in the sites structure.

Bravo.

I for one, will look forward to the new portions of the website, and honestly believe that the forums, while important, will still really only be for hard-core types...

ie: I think CsC will get much more traffic, and be used and referred to more often, after the non-forum parts are fully operational.

I feel strongly that concise and accurate information will go a long way to establishing CsC as the premiere site for, cough, North America. (Of course, that is a debatable topic.)

How-To, faq, events and articles will really come to life within the non-forum sections. Don't misunderstand me - they will be born out of the forums...

I especially like the pdf button on the articles, BTW.

Hand me some work when the time comes.

Give the word when you think the test site is ready for the main site and we can move it over.

But we need to make sure the FAQ and spotted pages are going to be in the main site and not stand alones.

We have to make the testsite the main site, then you need to move the FAQ and the spotted pages to a different location, so I can wrap them in the main site. As soon as you are ready, and give me the new location where the spotted and the faq pages are, I'll clean it up afterward.

Simon

We have to make the testsite the main site, then you need to move the FAQ and the spotted pages to a different location, so I can wrap them in the main site. As soon as you are ready, and give me the new location where the spotted and the faq pages are, I'll clean it up afterward.

Simon

Forget about wraping. Can't we just rebuild the pages into the new system so they can be edited online?

It doesn't have to be a mini FAQ any more either. It can be a full blown FAQ.

Give the word when you think the test site is ready for the main site and we can move it over.

But we need to make sure the FAQ and spotted pages are going to be in the main site and not stand alones.

OK. I think we should flip it over now before I add any more stuff on it, just in case I have to fix all the broken links after it is moved!

Simon

OK. I think we should flip it over now before I add any more stuff on it, just in case I have to fix all the broken links after it is moved!

Simon

Ok, the flip over is not going to be easy. I'm going to have to do one of two things....

The easy way:

I MOVE the forums to forums.clubsmartcar.ca this will make it easy to update the parts and keep them all seperate. Downside is is ALL offsite links will break. I should be able to create a filter to exchange clubsmartcar.ca/forums/ to forums.clubsmartcar.ca/. Of course all site cookies will go nuts...

The hard way:

I have to merge the two sites together. The site will be off-line for 12 hours while I make the update but after that everything will be ok. Updates *MIGHT* not work in the automated format making me have to do it again. But I think it works...

Regardless, full backups would be done before hand...