Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xandria

The smart car is coming

17 posts in this topic

First it's ZAP and soon brand spankin' new smarties will be arriving by the boatload. Please chat about any smart activity in the USA!

Any news on the Smarts coming to the U.S. A. yet? I drive a lot in the U.S. and the Americans sure love my Smart Car!!!!

No official word yet but hopefully the planned 2007 world car will make its way to the USA.

Pester your MB dealer if you want smarts to be sold in US. I was told that they are not keen on selling them.

Pester your MB dealer if you want smarts to be sold in US. I was told that they are not keen on selling them.

Price of gas should drive up demand now!!!!

I demend one but if they are selling it at an MB dealer, I hope they are not looking for an MB price. 12k-15k is all I am willing to shell out, and that is actually too much. I added a little more for the environment!

I talked to a mercedes vp from Seattle last week. He said in an average week they get 50-60 calls on the smart. They refuse to take deposits. The fact that mercedes is losing $$ on the smart seemed to be the sticking point for him.

The way fuel prices are today, I'd be willing to pay more than I did for my car.

The fact that mercedes is losing $$ on the smart seemed to be the sticking point for him.

So if they sold 20K+ smarts a year in the USA, that might help the bottom line, no?

MBUSA should get off their duffs and jump into smart with both feet.

I agree with Mike T. Most of us have read the Reuters news about Smart. CEO Ulrich Walker said at the Frankfurt Auto Show that he sees a potential of 20,000 units being sold in the USA. He said all signs are pointing towards launching in the US but that a decision would only be made at the end of the year. 20.000? I think it will be more than that. If they sold them through Chrysler and MB dealerships the sky is the limit. He's got the new Smarts configured for the States. Bring 'em on!

Commander Cody

I'm in the US 5 days a week and could sell my car there at least twice a week. I'd love to have some kind of dealer referral deal. :lol2: I'd make a mint.

I'm in the US 5 days a week and could sell my car there at least twice a week. I'd love to have some kind of dealer referral deal. :lol2: I'd make a mint.

If you came to long Island 5 days a week, you could sell it 5 days a week...to ME!

Mercedes made an operating profit of 12m euros in its second quarter

This is what they consider losing money? They could have expected lower profits when introducing a completely new vehicle

confirmed plans to cut more than 8,500 German jobs at its troubled Mercedes division

And MB feels this is needed?