Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cheese4

June 7th - Trip to the Beach, Mackies and Shaw's Ice Cream

17 posts in this topic

Our next meet will be June 7th. We will be going to Mackies in Port Stanley...then to Shaw's Ice Cream on the way back towards London. Right now Mackie's is open until 8pm week nights. That may change once the kiddies are out of school. I will check into this and post here.

I just wanted to get the opinions of people. Should we meet somewhere and cruise into Port Stanley...or just meet at Mackie's and cruise out of Port Stanley on the way to Shaw's?

We can also finalize plans for the Winery tour for the people who will be attending that event.

Sign me up! I'll bring the Xenical.I'm for meeting up at Mackie's between 6 and 7. Then anyone that might want to get there early can start nibbling.I might be there around, oh, say noon. :drool3: Then on the way home we can stop at Tim's on the way into St.Thomas and purge, to prepare for donuts and coffee.Does Mackie's serve Guinness or just that great orange drink?We can nickname this outing the "saturated fat run".

Too funny...you kill me!! I guess this is my "outlet"

I was thinking of getting there early too. :clapping:

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it as I am flying out to Italy that night...have fun and eat a lot of ice cream :)

June 7th???

By Golly - I think I can make it!!!

It'll be great to meet all you guys!

:biglaugh:

Barb

Looking forward to it Barb!! Though you greenies are starting to be a majority in the London area!! :speechless:

Count me in, for "Burgers @ The Port" on June 7th. Plan to be there about 18:15.

Looking forward to meeting y'all !!

Driving "Grandstyle #105/200"

Excellent....looking forward to this!! By the way wee dsl....did you count yourself in on the Grandstyle Registry in the Tracking Forum Thread here? Mike and Dave are on a mission to find out where every Grandstyle is located in Canada.

See you in Port next Wednesday!!

Looking forward to meeting some fellow Smart owners. All going well I hope to be in Port Stanley on the 7th around 18:30.

Looking forward to meeting you! What kind of smart do you drive?

I am driving a red/black Smart pure that I bought from Durham Mercedes in Ajax. The original owner bought the base model, a/c as the only option and decided he wanted to upgrade he like the car so much. I picked the car up used in March this year.

I was told today that there is construction in front of Foodland all the way to the lights...so the alternate route to the beach might be our best bet to stay off the gravel etc.

Oh wow... you guys are meeting just a few kilometres from the Port Burwell wind farm (it runs about 30 km along the waterfront either side of Port Burwell)! So you're meeting at Mackie's first and going from there? I'll be there about 7pm!

BTW, is this the place?

-Iain

That's the one! A landmark in Port Stanley. Right on the beach. Can't miss it!

WOW!!! An awesome evening! I think the count was 13 smarts. Turned a lot of heads.

Here's a few pictures:

post-35-1149734103.jpg

post-1-1149734103.jpg

post-1-1149734104.jpg

post-1-1149734105.jpg

post-1-1149734106_thumb.jpg

What an awesome night! I met lots of new people. After I careened into the parking lot after nearly driving right past. :)

Posted Image

At the end of the night we ended up at Shaw's ice cream. I witenessed a grandmother HUDDLING HER GRANDCHILDREN away from us as we flew into the parking lot!!

Posted Image

Glenn: "I wonder how much more bling I can add to Gina"

Posted Image

Cheese has the hottest tint ever

Posted Image

More shiney Cheese tint

Posted Image

OMG! Most evil fortwo ever!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Smarting's clean ride and Duck's filthy poo-covered ride

After we left, Smarting and his daughter and I drove most of the way home together, so much fun.

-Iain

Funny stuff, When you tore out of the Shaw's parking lot one of the other ice cream enjoyers commented "now I know why he wears the helmet!"

Wonder if it was the same one that cuddled her child away from us?