Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xandria

Our Smart is Waiting

68 posts in this topic

Every thing is back as it was and I can see the whole page without haveing to scroll..

ta ta for now.

Now that you have added pictures, it has really spread things out and I have to scroll around the screen to read everything, didn't have to before

Bud

I didn't have the size limiter set. Now it is set and appears to be ok.

Any sizing issues now would be caused by someone having an image inline from another source or from the banner image and logo at the top. :idea:

Every thing is back as it was and I can see the whole page without haveing to scroll..

ta ta for now.

Excellent. *crashes* BTW, can't remember if I mentioned already, but I love your sig line. It's just sooooooooooo true. Now I'm really getting some :zzz::zzz::zzz:

suggestion - program for IE.

I'm as much a computer geek as the next guy, but I learned that you can't program for yourself, but for your customers. And while you might think FireFox is the latest and greatest, IE is still by FAR the most common browser out there.

I have the same setup as Bob (resolution and browser) and I too had the same problem. Looks fine now.

suggestion - program for IE.

I'm as much a computer geek as the next guy, but I learned that you can't program for yourself, but for your customers. And while you might think FireFox is the latest and greatest, IE is still by FAR the most common browser out there.

I have the same setup as Bob (resolution and browser) and I too had the same problem. Looks fine now.

We are quite aware of the program for everyone adage (far more so than MOST people). In fact, when TFM was building sites professionally way back when, he ensured it worked on browsers for all platforms etc. So there's no worries there normally. We didn't test how the images were viewed in IE because we didn't imagine there would be any sort of a difference from this piece of code. That's where it helps to get feedback, which we got. But no, we're not so arrogant to believe that everyone should be on Firefox or that only Firefox should be used for testing. We're trying very hard to give all the features we can, while still working our normal jobs and just getting our car, so I think it's fair to say we're not going to be able to test everything ourselves completely. So we need people to point things out that we miss. Thanks for your patience.

PS: Steve, sorry if that come off whingey. I haven't woken up entirely yet. But yes, I agree that it needs to work well on IE and I see now that there are some subtle differences so IE will be test more thoroughly in future with changes. Cheers.

Pull the right lever on the steering column towards you, one click.

:bowandarrow:

Didn't know that. I learned something :dance: But I don't have rear wiper :wallbash:

Xandria - it was only a suggestion, not an attack :)

Just might be easier for you guys to NOT try to make it work for all browsers, but stick with just one - my suggestion was that be the most popular, and not the best.

Back in the day, I hung on to Netscape when 90+ percent of the world was using IE so I tried and tried to make websites that worked for both... but it was just 3 times the headache, and for what? The 10% are used to seeing things differently anyway. Of course, it depends on what you are doing. Building a website for a Fortune 500 that get's 1 billion hits a minute? Ok, then yeah - cater to the 10%... but something you aren't getting paid for, and which will be appreciated no matter how you end up doing it - well... put in the minimum amount of effort to please the majority of people.

That's all I was saying. Wasn't a slam at all.

- Steve

ps. From now one, if you ever read something I write as a slam on you - read it again and try to pull out either the a) the funniest way it could be read or B) the most harmless way it could be read... and that's probably how I intended it. That goes for you and TFM, at least :) There are others that should read it the other way hehehe.

Xandria - it was only a suggestion, not an attack :)

I didn't read it so much as an attack as a case of the giggles and headdesking that I couldn't properly convey. *cough* Dean was very proud in his day that his sites would load fast on all systems and browsers... you know how retentive geeky guys are. *cough* And being sleepy, I couldn't convey that properly plus went off on a little whinge fest that really wasn't appropriate -- sorry about that.

But I think as long as it works on IE and Firefox, that's key. Ah ha... we hung on to Netscape for as long as possible too! Gods, those were the days, eh?

Cheers!

Received the call from Tasi today! My car was an 8.3 build and it kept jumping every queue possible. Quite a few smarties arrived on Annacis earlier this week and so far only 2 arrived today at the Broadway location -- one of them mine... the other a 7.3 build. In fact, there's many cars that should be there ahead of mine but aren't. Sorry, folks. Truly.

You know... I don't want to look a gifthorse in the mouth, and I'm not accustomed to things just working out or exceeding my expectations, but WOW.

I'm so stoked now!

We pick him (Dean's, our first smart, is female so mine has to be male) up tomorrow at noonish!

So we'll each have a car for the weekend event!!!

WoW WOW WOOOOOWWW

I am excited also!

You have your car for the weekend! Congrats!!

Waiting for pictures and to check it out with everyone on the weekend! :cheer2:

:clap: Wow. Good for you two. Wow. :clap:

My :smart: still isn't here. *sigh* Well at least one of us got theirs in time for the show this weekend.

Seriously, congratulations guys. :D

When we were in earlier this week talking to Lisa and Tasi they said that yours and mine was on a major rush for this weekend. I'm sorry yours didn't make it yet.

Mine is just... wow... jumping every queue possible. I wasn't supposed to get it for another month!!!!

Mine is just... wow... jumping every queue possible. I wasn't supposed to get it for another month!!!!

It should do fine in that Vancouver traffic! :beerchug:

I'm hoping it helps me get out of Surrey on the Port Mann at rush hour today! ;-)

T-minus 1.5 hours!!

Despite Lisa and Tasi being wired and busy crazy today, they pulled out all the stops. Thank you, ladies! You're awesome.

We arrived, paid for my boy, and went through the insurance process in what had to be record time. Mind you, being our second smart, we didn't need quite that much TLC, but Tasi dished it out nonetheless. My car didn't have the full detailing and so the license plate mount wasn't prepped. Tasi jumped in with her cordless screwdriver and did the job herself -- and most excellently at that (I think better than the service guys too -- shhh, don't tell them that).

I'm quite tired at the moment so I'll just post the pictures (more later).

But I have to say: OMG, new cars drive like pigs!!!!

post-3-1128141505.jpg

post-1-1128141505.jpg

post-1-1128141506.jpg

post-1-1128141507.jpg

post-1-1128141508.jpg