Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrNatural

Port Dover?

34 posts in this topic

Where's that Cheese4? This was one of her ideas, so as soon as I see her we will get something organized.

I agree that this could be a fun one.

If we wait until the middle of July, we can call it "Thursday the 13th" :biglaugh: Some day we'll have 100,000 cars there.

That sounds good!! Let's go with Thursday the 13th of July. Details to follow.

Count Joyce and I in. This is one of our favourite summer destinations. We will be on holidays at that time and will therefore make a full day of it.

John

well...I was going to take a solo tour down there and maybe meet up with Barry and make some plans on where to go and HOW to get there. But maybe I won't have time to do that if the date is all set already! HAHA! Is everyone going to be up for a Thursday night? I'm going for the trip to the Arbour for an Arbour footlong!! (Gee...I wonder why all my outings seem to involve french fries and fat foods!!! :oh: )

That sounds good!! Let's go with Thursday the 13th of July. Details to follow.

I would love to have gone then but, I am on vacation then and most likely won't be in town for it,,,,,,,maybe next time

Any news yet about whether this event is a confirmed go? Start time? Gathering points? Possible routes?

Alan

Feel free to jump up and start organizing..I just casually mentioned it as a possible location to drive to. I didn't realize it would be a popular thing. I won't be able to do anything until late next week myself.

How about this as a tentative outline for the day?

1/ For those of us who'd be travelling from the GTA and points west and north of there, meet somewhere just south of Hamilton (eg, Mount Hope, on Highway 6) at about 10:00 AM, and drive more-or-less as a group to Port Dover.

2/ Meet our southern smart cousins, if any, in Port Dover. I don't know the town well enough to suggest a place.

3/ Stake out some space on the beach for an informal group picnic.

4/ Go for a drive to somewhere interesting, such as west to Turkey Point Provincial Park (those who were on the Niagara Cruise have a free pass from MB Canada to the province's parks).

5/ Drive back to Port Dover for one last helping of fries, ice cream, or to pick up that trashy T-shirt you saw earlier in the day.

6/ Head home.

This is just a proposal, so comments, suggestions, advice, etc. are more than welcome.

The bottom line for me is that July 13 in Port Dover is a go for MrsNatural and I anyway. Incurable romantics that we are, we'll be taking that day off work to celebrate our many, many months first date anniversary with a drive in the smart and some time in the sun.

If and when this plan takes shape, I'll post a notice about it in the Ontario forum.

Alan

I have that day off so I will be there. Never been to Dover but it was suggested that Arbours would be a place to meet. Should be interesting to see the town that the bikers invade!

1. MrNatural

2. SMRTENUF

3. smart142

I can't believe it was me who suggested the 13th. I was just joking. I actually can't go unless it is a weekend.

A true smartaholic would somehow find a way to make the run to Port Dover! :biglaugh:

No vacation left, no illness, death in the family, graduation to attend, anything? :devil:

Me and Amber should be able to go... Depends on work in the end, but, id say about 85% sure we will be there.

Me and Amber should be able to go... Depends on work in the end, but, id say about 85% sure we will be there.

Excellent!

1. MrNatural and MrsNatural

2. SMRTENUF + 1

3. smart142

4. ZeroGravity and Amber

Alan

1. MrNatural and MrsNatural

2. SMRTENUF + SMRTENUF2

3. smart142

4. ZeroGravity and Amber

5. wee dsl

Change made to keep the peace!

Can someone local to or knowledgeable about the Hamilton area suggest a place we could meet near Mount Hope?

Somewhere near the intersection of Highway 6 and Upper James would work well, as it would offer a convergence point for those coming from both west and the north.

Thanks!

Alan

Just a reminder that the run to Port Dover is 6 days away.

Anyone else interested?