Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dang

Technical Service Bulletins/Dealer Information

64 posts in this topic

.........If not, there is an updated intercooler holder available at the dealer for $150 MSRP.

Does anyone have a picture of what this new intercooler holder looks like?

When I had my car in for another purpose, I had them look for the TSB and they said it was not in the computer, and they had not heard of it. Anyone got the number?

My service bill from a week ago has no mention of a TSB number....maybe I was wrong and there isn't one, though the redesigned intercooler carrier (0000929V004000000) would lead me to believe that there should be one.

I would stll suggest that anyone with a leaky intercooler see if a DPA repair could be done for an out of warranty car. There can be no harm in asking.

That's dealer talk for a free courtesy repair beyond the warranty period.

Same story here, asked if there were any bulletins or "programs" and the advisor looked it up but found none. My car is "up to date." He surmised that perhaps with my car's late build date it already had the newer IC holder.

It would be nice if someone found out if there really is a TSB for this or not. Anyone else had this repair done yet? We will be out of warranty in 3 months or 7000kms, whichever comes first, haha. So it would good to know if I need to be concerned about this being done in warranty or after. I currently don't have any plans to go visit a dealer before then. I should have a look at my IC. I haven't noticed oil leaking, but my fuel milage is up quite a bit right now, (don't bother checking my spritmonitor though, I haven't updated that in forever) so maybe that's part of it?

My car is an 06 model from Aug 07 since they did not make an 07 model, would I have the updated carrier?I seem to have a loud noisy intercooler fan lately but I think it is a different issue, the fan is getting louder and I can tell it is about to seize because it also stop as if it was seizing when it turns off, it stops really quickly it doesn't spin like it use to after the power is off.

That is usually referred to as "Goodwill"

I have the SRS light stay on when my 05 was under warraty. As soon as the warranty expired it came on again and has stayed on.Should this be fixed under a service bulletin? I don't want to pay since it seems to be a common defect.

Ask for a free fix, since it is a problem that is common and most likely has a service bulletin for it.

Just got a quote to REPLACE my intercooler... $856.90They replaced my Turbo 2 yrs ago, when I had the High Pitched whistle and I am sure that is what it is from. Or as many have said it is a design issue and the Inter was rubbing on something and has worn thru. I have found two parts.Inter-Cooler = 0002490V007 Redesigned Intercooler Carrier = 0000929V004000000 as per Mike TI am not sure if it is a redesigned mounting bracket for the intercooler to prevent further wear.

There may be a TSB for running a separate relay for the fuel pump, to avoid SAM failure that my car experienced last Friday. If you inspect Pin 10, Plug N-11 on the SAM and see any heat damage, ask your dealer to perform this service before the SAM is irreparably harmed.Update: Having read the repair invoice for my SAM replacement and related work, a specific TSB number is not listed, but the job is described as: "RE-RE SAM and also install external relay for fuel pump function". So it may not be an actual technical service bulletin, but it is something worth doing, for sure. The related parts were 926-91 Relay Holder, and the relay number may be 002-542-72-19-64, and there is also a repair kit number 0018491V001000000, in addition to the repair harness for the SAM connection.

Edited by Mike T
update