Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DropDeadRed

Ontario Smart Insurance

29 posts in this topic

So far from calling around looking for prices for the Brabus and things are quite reasonable mind you I was expecting horrible prices since I'm 21. Basic:

[*]Nobel: $763/ Year ($927 for advanced)

[*]TD: $912/Year ($1,127 for advanced)

[*]PC: $1,266/year ($1417 for advanced)

[*]Co-operators: $1,564 (current)

Still waiting on: Statefarm, CAA and Belair direct

Hi

We are with the Personal - had to redo all the insurance when I leased the Smart ED.

Smart ED about $700/year

2001 Miata about $600/year

2002 Nissan Pathfinder $600/year

Rates for us were seem fairly good but we are over 50 and have house etc with the Personal. Now that the Miata is not the commuter car, we want to modify it a little but so far we can't find an insurance company that will insure it if we say put a turbo charge on it or even if we put better brakes on it. Anyone know where you insure a modified car in Ontario?

The smart in and around Vancouver BC was no higher or lower than a typical vehicle I noted......What I did note was that my base model Impreza with under 150 HP was 15-20% more than any other car. I had never paid $1800 with a full discount on anything. Too many hot rodded Impreza wrecking things and themselves? I know Impreza parts, when you rarely if ever need them, are pricey. The Legacy we have, valued at 40% more MSRP, is 15% lower in insurance!!!

Our toy (06 cabrio pure) is insured for 4000kms annually, pleasure use in Ontario full coverage (collision, 2M liability) $150 for June to Sept. Pretty reasonable, we were paying $1000 for a year before I adjusted the kms but it would be removed come fall and get credited. It all depends on the company, I use a broker got tired of dealing with 1-800 numbers and being on hold forever.