Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David

2006-July-15 : Regina Beach Run

14 posts in this topic

I'm breaking this out from an existing thread in hopes of attracting more eyeballs.

Join us this weekend for a drive from Regina to Regina Beach. Meet your fellow Smart enthusiasts, soak in the scorching summer heat (32C, if you believe the Weather Network) and enjoy the best fish and chips in the prairies.

Date: Saturday, 2006-July-15

Time: 5pm

Gather at: Sobeys/Wal-mart parking lot (Rochdale Blvd and Pasqua St. N, easy access to Highway 11) Map

Destination: Bluebird Cafe & Butler's Fish and Chips, 108 Centre Street, Regina Beach Map Route

Drive time: Roughly 30 minutes

Any lurkers, Smart-wannabes and fried fish lovers are more than welcome to join us.

Please add your name to this thread or PM me if you are planning on being there.

David

[Edit: Oops, right date in the headline, wrong date in the details]

I am planning on coming, as long as I don't get stuck at work. I will be working until 4pm, but will be there after that I will be there for 5 if no problems arise.

Aaron

I'm planning on being there too.

A quick note to folks traveling to the north end from various parts of the city. The intersection of Lewvan/Pasqua and Ring Road/9th Ave N will be closed this Friday July 12 until Monday the 14th so you should make alternate arrangements to get to Walmart or follow the detours but expect delays.

Kristian this will affect you according to the directions armissle gave you. I think if I were you I would still turn left off Highway #1 on Lewan, but alter your plan to turn left at Dewdney Ave, then right on McCarthy Blvd and head north until you reach Rochdale Blvd where you would turn right. Follow Rochdale and you will eventually arrive at Sobeys/Walmart. All these roads still show up on the Google map if you want to take a look. Hope that helps!

Keith

Sweet, I just heard from another non-forum member who will be there, bringing the current total to five. I'm still waiting to hear from four other non-forum Smarties.

Here are a few pics of the cars that were at our meet. Hopefully some of you guys have better ones than I do. (I'd really like to see the shot that Stu took in front of Sundae Times store.)

CsC members in attendance were David, armissle, kristian and Taig. Howard and Stu were the other smart enthusiasts that showed up.

It was a great day for a cruise and I enjoyed meeting all of you. The food lived up to its reputation, good eating! :drool3:

post-137-1153036464.jpg

post-1-1153036464.jpg

post-1-1153036465.jpg

post-1-1153036466.jpg

I want to thank everyone for coming out. I had a lot of fun and it was good to put faces to names.

I think the next Smart event will be the cross country relay in late August. Talk to Kristian or search the threads for details.