Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartdawg

Found my car on the internet

13 posts in this topic

After doing a google search for: Baltimore "smart car", this is the first link to pop up. Cool! It's MINE! <clicky>

I joined the site (kirk_smart) to say hello to the photographer. Soooo many people take pics of my car here I thought I'd see if one had been posted. And whaddya know?

Nice pictures. Didn't know you're a guitar player. Keraoke or a band? :shout:

I played bass in another life (seem like early 1900's), so we should write songs about and cut a CD/MP3 about Smarts.

I rely heavily on your talents.

Let's see.....what rymes with smart ???

Kirk, that is awesome :D It's like smart car spotting... world eddition. Nice that the comments are all positive, too!

-Iain

Wow........... that's weird I found dieseldave and Pam's car that someone shot in Manhattan as well..........

flickr pics

Crazy, eh? Diesel's car is looking good in those pics.

As for the guitar, I've played for nearly 25 years and have been in several bands. Karaoke? NEVER! Guitaraoke? All the time. Parties at my old place in London usually ended up with a bunch of drunken off-key singing and some guitar back up. Bill, why didn't you tell me you played bass?! We could have entertained the locals at the Wortley shows.

Our band was an alcohol-burning fury (if I remember right). We played a few Legion dances, corporate Xmas parties

and dances up at the Bayfield Marina. The original trailer park boys!

I can't hold as much 'fuel' as I used to, so I don't think the Wortley patrons would understand. I doubt also if they

know Fox on the Run, Blue Eyes Cryin in the Rain or Goodnight Irene. Used to do a mean Battle of New Orleans.

too hilarious! Great shot of your car...that must be fun. My trip to Wisconsin was hilarious as well...I was laughing at the people all the time...it was a riot. Now you've started something....we will all be searching to see if our cars show up somewhere in the states!!

Good to hear from ya Kirk!

Yeah, like Iian said, "car spotting - world edition". Hope all is well Melissa.

Bill - you played at the Bayfield marina? My parents had a cottage up in Bayfield which I used to visit quite a bit in the summers years ago. I wonder if I drank underage to your music?

I remember listening to Fox on the Run on my dad's old 8-tracks.... Great bit of blue grass that.

That's great Kirk. Also, thanks Craig for spotting that nice shot of my car. I have been looking for photos of my car on the net because my car was photographed hundreds of times while we were there. I recognize the location as being the NYC Police Museum that I visited at the southern most tip of Manhatten.

I recognise the last one.....one of our own, plus the psychadelic one from ON.

The psychadelic one plated as IAMSMART was Helen's (nee hhegedemuswhatsthatname?). The last I saw of her and her car was at the CIAS 2005 drive -- photos on mbcanada.com.