Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmartFlyer

Finally got our smart!

20 posts in this topic

I've been lurking around here for the last couple of months, and my fiancee and I finally took delivery of our little car last night! We got a Passion with a black cell and Ruby Red body panels. We're thrilled to finally be one of the smart bunch!Now to figure out what mods to do...

post-930-1153849303.jpg

Welcome aboard. I love that colour combo. And for the mods you should setup a special savings account for the smart car. 5% for fuel and 95% for mods. The first mod you should start with is to get rid of those "orange slices" on the side of the car and go with the LED ones from www.smartieparts.com.

Hi Artz,Thanks for the welcome. Yes, the orange slices have to go, and I'm probably going to get the Ignition Free Window Module right away. Lots of other stuff on my wish list, too!

Congrats! :) I have never seen the Ruby Red (or Grandstyle Green) in person, but it looks very nice! - maybe I'll see you around town, or at some meets!

You may be interested in participating in the Alberta leg of the CsC Relay!

Very nice, I too love the black and ruby.It is redolent of the Citroën 2 CV (Deux Chevaux) Charleston, which was available in that colour. They were sold between 1980 and the end of production in 1988. I like it!

Always room for another Ruby Red and Black! Enjoy!

Cheers,

Cameron

Always room for another Ruby Red and Black! Enjoy!

Hi Cameron,

Thanks - there doesn't seem to be too many of these, does there? Is the ruby red a newer color?

Congrats! :) I have never seen the Ruby Red (or Grandstyle Green) in person, but it looks very nice! - maybe I'll see you around town, or at some meets!

You may be interested in participating in the Alberta leg of the CsC Relay!

Thanks - the color looks a bit brown in my photo above due to the evening's warm lighting. It's more of a burgandy to me. I was originally going to get Phat Red, but saw the Ruby Red when on one of my visits to the showroom and really liked it. I've PM'ed you about participating in the relay, too.

Cool, thanks! I've messaged you back. I'll be in contact with you over PM rather than hijacking this thread. ;)

I've thought about using the car as the balloon basket -- it could be done pretty easily. The only problem is that is would be illegal to fly without certification from Transport Canada, and I'd like to keep my pilot's license a while longer!

Where's Estelle (Dragon)!! She and her family are into hot air balooning, too!-Iain

You fly a ballon for a living? That's crazy! Do you do the traffic reports or just advertise?

Yep, it's an unusual job. I fly passenger flights twice daily weather permitting. I came from the US (Texas) to fly for the largest balloon ride company is North America. We operate daily flights in 13 cities across Canada.

Where's Estelle (Dragon)!! She and her family are into hot air balooning, too!-Iain

I'd love top meet them or at least connect - it's a pretty small community but I don't think I know them yet. This is my first year flying in Canada full time, although I've been a pilot for over 27 years.

Ruby red was new for 2006 - there are quite a few out here now - makes it kind of interesting at a rally - now - which car is mine again?Cheers,Cameron