Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartzuuk

The Relay Blog - now operational - please visit

16 posts in this topic

The blog for the relay is now up and nearly all of the pages are started.

Here is the URL:

http://www.relay.clubsmartcar.ca

We need some additional contributors - people that can help with posting the blog entries - we especially need (in laymens terms) information on Bone Marrrow issues - it would be great to have someone cull info from reliable sources and create some short articles that we can drop into the blog every other day or so.

Mike T has written some really nice pages on the car, and we expect he'll have other bits to contribute as the relay progresses.

See the posts below for more information on current needs and ideas...

The page 'About the Relay' needs updating.

http://relay.clubsmartcar.ca/?page_id=7

Would one of the captains, who have been there from the start, like to put together a recap of the Relay, it's vision, how it came about, how things were decided, the timeline, the participants, etc...

How is the photographer to send the photos taken in Halifax on Friday. I will not be back until Monday pm.

How is the photographer to send the photos taken in Halifax on Friday. I will not be back until Monday pm.

email on photos and videos to Mercedes-Benz at the following email address: takacs@mercedes-benz.ca

PM me if you need his phone number. HIs name is Rob Takac

Garry

Looks good!

Suggestion: Can we have the main www.clubsmartcar.ca page have a direct link to the blog for relay info? Kinda like how there is on the www.dennistonsociety.com site. With so many people seeing the www.clubsmartcar.ca on our decals, and hearing us talk of it... This will be the first site they goto... Having that link temporarily on the main page ensures they see the info they're looking for... As opposed to having to sift thru countless 30+ page threads...

Eddie

email on photos and videos to Mercedes-Benz at the following email address: takacs@mercedes-benz.ca

PM me if you need his phone number. HIs name is Rob Takac

Garry

I meant for the blog. Or is this already being done from the forum?

My contact info is listed on the 'contact' tab on the blog if you are wanting to send photos direct.

Otherwise, I try to grab what is posted here, in the forums.

I have posted a fairly chronological set of photos for the Saturday-Sunday legs on the blog, and am trying to update with some text as well.Please, if you can, post a recap on something fun, interesting, weird... I will copy and paste into the blog as much as I can.

I have posted a fairly chronological set of photos for the Saturday-Sunday legs on the blog, and am trying to update with some text as well.Please, if you can, post a recap on something fun, interesting, weird... I will copy and paste into the blog as much as I can.

Hi Keith. I will see what I can do, though Wed I am off and running.Thanks for the dedication.Garry

I did mean in general. It is nice to have some text to go with the photos...I have posted a couple general articles on smart in between relay posts. Next up is a post on bone marrow disease. I've had no one come forward on this one, so I will grab what i can from wikipedia and post something.

:bump3: We don't have a link to the blog site from our front page, but at least we can bump this up to the top.

Here it is again everybody: The Relay Blog.

Many updates have been made to the blog. The chronology of the relay is being maintained, with appropriate links to specific forums. In other words, it's a good starting point for anyone just learning about the relay.Please continue to refer the media and public to www.relay.clubsmartcar.ca whenever possible.

More updates done tonight, including Ottawa photos not posted elsewhere.Really would like another informative post re: bone marrrow disease, if anyone can put something together with links etc...I will be posting the final Mike T article on the main page by Friday, along with the final few days itinerary in detail... hopefully this will help any latecomers/last minute drivers etc... and/or the media.Keep your photos and stories coming into the forums as usual, and I will try to link to them and/or their photos...

Still more updates posted. Thanks to those posting 400 pixel width resolution photos, which are easiest to get on quickly...There are now photos through to Cranbrook from hopefully all ProvincesMike T's 3 articles, and my 2 articles are posted, along with the one article on Bone marrow disease. You may note some juggling of the order on the articles as I try to keep them in between other posts with photos from the relay.There will be many many updates over the weekend, which will be posted as 'live' as possible. I will have my laptop and camera going from Saturday through Monday.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More