Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gent

Disneyland convoy in October?

68 posts in this topic

Hi gang!

My wife and I are considering driving down to Disneyland in late October with our Smart 42!

I'm thinking of doing it gently, with lots of stops to check out cool things in Washington, Oregon and California. I think it would be fun to head down with a bunch of other Smarts - even if people only went part of the way before turning back North.

We could probably get some good deals on group bookings if we plan early enough. Anyone interested? I'll have the exact dates tomorrow evening.

I think this would be a wonderfull trip. I only have a limited amount of holiday's and this trip wouldn't be in my plans this year.

I do think it is a good idea though. Maybe if ya'll go this year and then plan another one for next year, I would think of going along with someone that has figured out the do's and do not's of a smart trip, maybe you would be able to get a larger group for next year. So, some from this year and more after another year. Start advertising for it in January.

My thoughts. :BlahBlah:

Can someone swing by and pick me up in New Brunswick? I can meet you at the exit on the TransCanada Highway. :lol:

Artz: You should organize a "right" coast trip to Disneyworld!

Bud: good thunkin' !

I would, but that's a little bit of a detour Artz! Hitch a ride up a mile or two and I'll consider it.

I'd like to go on this trip, but October is tough - traditionally the start of the busy season for me. But I would like to see my brother (just got married in California) and smart+Disney just seems to fit. Careful though, they might buy them from us for a few hundred grand and stick big fuzzy ears and tails on them.

- Steve

Artz: You should organize a "right" coast trip to Disneyworld!

Bud: good thunkin' !

Next year (since I don't get my car until Fall) I would consider organizing a smart fortwo camping trip somewhere in Eastern Canada or in the New England states. Heck, I would probably drive to Montreal or other cities in Ontario. It is only 10 hours to the Ontario Boarder.

you go to your west coast disney.... and all of us over in ontario will go to florida disney.. adn all of those people in europe can go to euro disney... maybe we can book out the parks for a day and invade them! haha in our dreams maybe

hey Cait, you are still up? wonderful! :beerchug:

i'm a machine! i'm up for an entire 16 and a half hours a day! woop woop! but its past my bed time now lol.....

Soooo, we are thinking of leaving on Sunday October the 23rd and returning for November 1st.

That sounds like a fun trip Gent. I'd sign up to come along but it's not possible for me to take a vacation at that time of year. Be sure to post some pics of the smart enjoying its stay at Disneyland so the rest of us can live vicariously through you. :ballons:

That sounds like a great trip, was planning on driving down to Vegas end of October but if a pack of Smarts are going to invade Goofy land, could change my plans and come along too. :lookaround:

Can someone swing by and pick me up in New Brunswick? I can meet you at the exit on the TransCanada Highway. :lol:

Which exit number and what's in your cooler :drive:

Maybe we should start a list of interested parties! Remember, you don't have to come all the way or stay for the whole duration!

If you like, you can do a u-turn before we get near White Rock!

I'm going to start researching interesting places along the way.

:rules:

On an unrelated matter, my recent controversial e-bay purchase did not work. Looks like there was corrupted data on the 2nd disc. I gave up and contacted the seller, who instantly replied, apologized and promised to have another one in the mail to me asap. Not too shabby. That said, PM me if you want to discuss that item. Don't ask herein, I won't reply. Seriously.

I can't commit yet, but I'm interested.

I'd like to put huge mouse ears on it and start a betting pool to see who can guess the closest number of minutes to the actual time it takes Disney Corp to come out with three thugs and a court order to rip them off.

I'd also like to have another go at that Pirate ride... I think I was there when I was 4 or 5 (still not sure if it was disneyLAND or disneyWORLD) and I remember being really scared when the pirate near the end tried to shoot you. Thank God those muskets aren't all that accurate! I didn't think that was right at all and it ruined the whole visit. I'd like to go back and see if they reprimanded him.

Steve

That's funny - I had totally forgotten that I was traumatized by the Pirate Ride when I was 6. My sister reminded me with glee that I ran screaming out of the line up before we even got into the ride!

This is going to be fun!!!!!

I'm putting together my route for the trip.

I also found these great bags for the trip at Staples. Two of them fit perfectly in the back under the cover. They are made by a company called Bugatti. The have a removable sleeve for a Notebook, and a bunch of pockets, but they are pretty much a small suitcase at 18x13x8" approx.

About $100.00 sku 0563

post-74-1128998396.jpg

post-1-1128998396.jpg

hmm.... I should fly out there and meet up with you guys. I've been planning a trip to Disneyland for December to do the Haunted Mansion Holiday and maybe dine at Club 33. I gotta phone my Club 33 contact and see if I can get a reservation for the 24th... if that works, then I might go and see the smarties in Disneyland.

Is the plan still for late October?

I would have loved to go on this trip, but when I first responded we thought we'd have our house already. We take possession on the 14th and I have to install flooring and then move - so October is out for me for sure. Although, I doubt I could have gone anyway unless it worked out perfectly with schedules.

- Steven

Ya, the dates seem to be the same. I am trying to get some extra time so that we can do Halloween down there instead of on the road, but we are short staffed right now.

Well, I am putting the penultimate items in my bags now in anticipation of the trip tomorrow!

We will blast through WA state tomorrow. Then we will take our time going down the Oregon coast. Somewhere around California we are going to zig over to Nevada and check out Area 51 and Las Vegas, then zip back into California for Anaheim and Disneyland for Halloween. We will be at the Howard Johnson's next to the park from the 28th to the 1st. Then we toodle back up the I-5 for return November 5th.

I'll be taking pics, but I promised not to go on the internet until we get back. Sorry!

Cheers,

Ian

edit:schpelink

I hope you enjoy Disneyland more than we enjoyed Disneyland Paris ;)

I hope you enjoy Disneyland more than we enjoyed Disneyland Paris ;)

LOL. They should have treated you like Kings! Weren't you the only ones there?

Euro Itchy and Scratchy Land.

No, it was reasonably busy, but the kids said it was a letdown. A $350 letdown. Paramount's Wonderland near TO has better rides by far. Bah. I could have told them that beforehand (in fact, I did) :lol: