Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlyingTigerDevelopment

Smart Model cars

43 posts in this topic

Yes. For about $280.00 you get the Smat promocar tower in 1:87 scale. 28 models under one roof - complete with logo. 14 different versions. Faithful miniture replicas.

I have found, recently, 2005/2006 model year 1:18 Smarts at the Real Canadian Super Store here in Edmonton. Pulse Coupe only, Silver Tridion with dark blue panels and comes with black panals as well that are interchangable. Really hard to find though as most stores only get a few in with their stock that doesn't come very often, if only once now in the fall before christmas. They may all be gone already but hurry and dig through the cars. They are only $14.98! instead of $55 the Smart dealers charge, and they are made by Maisto......the same company that supplies them to the Smart dealers in Canada, and they are identical to them as well, but packaged in the Smart packaging, and are the current models with the peanut headlights. This is the only place that I have found them outside of the Smart dealer.

Damn! I forgot to look at Eddy's one he was holding for me! Ugg... Xan should be going in for springs very soon so I'll have to remember to do that then... darn it...

I have found, recently, 2005/2006 model year 1:18 Smarts at the Real Canadian Super Store here in Edmonton. Pulse Coupe only, Silver Tridion with dark blue panels and comes with black panals as well that are interchangable. Really hard to find though as most stores only get a few in with their stock that doesn't come very often, if only once now in the fall before christmas. They may all be gone already but hurry and dig through the cars. They are only $14.98! instead of $55 the Smart dealers charge, and they are made by Maisto......the same company that supplies them to the Smart dealers in Canada, and they are identical to them as well, but packaged in the Smart packaging, and are the current models with the peanut headlights. This is the only place that I have found them outside of the Smart dealer.

Thanks, I managed to find the last one at our superstore here in Lethbridge.

I lucked out and found one at the Clareview Superstore. Great, it's a Pulse coupe, I will paint the Tridon Black, tint the windows and make it into a little Eightball. The blue panels will be good to try out paintjobs. Maybe a Gulf racing blue with orange stripe....

I lucked out and found one at the Clareview Superstore. Great, it's a Pulse coupe, I will paint the Tridon Black, tint the windows and make it into a little Eightball. The blue panels will be good to try out paintjobs. Maybe a Gulf racing blue with orange stripe....

Interesting, as I thought I got the last one at that location too, but I guess they do have more stock in the back or more shipments that come in. And yeah, I had the exact same idea about painting the Tridion black, and using the blue panels for experimenting colors with. How had you planned on painting the stuff? With just a spray can with the surface prepped with sandpaper? Or airbrush? Or something else? I have an airbrush that I have yet to use, and it's difficult finding any info on the proper technique on how to use this tool with the proper misture of paint and thinner and what-not. But I've been told that the airbrush is the best to use if you want to spray just a solid color and come close the look/texture that the factory paint has on the 1:18 scale models. Any body got any tips on airbrushing? Oh, and if you want to make a personal license plate for you model, go to http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/ and then scale to the proper size in a photo editing program and presto!

Please note people, this is FastEddy's post regarding items HE's selling. Please don't post other places to buy the same products. It's a common courtesy.If you want to post that kind of post use the Buyer's Guide.Thank youCsC Webmaster

:lol: Its all good. :doublethumb: Like to know who I'm competing with :sniffle: Some competition comes and goes :yahoo: TFM :thanx: I don't worry much :tongue3:

This applies to all threads in the Self Promotion. If you'd done this to someone elses thread we'd smack you. :tomatos:

Sorry FastEddy, and to everyone else, I'll stop. Your source of smarts is obviously more reliable and you obviously have more selection, so good on you. I would love to get my hands on one of the Crossblades you can get, but right now, that's low on my list, but nonetheless still on my list.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More