CLUB 4-2 SOUTHERN ONTARIO

25 posts in this topic

Posting on behalf of "prevost":

:

HI Xandria

NEED YOUR HELP I,M STARTING A CLUB IN NIAGARA FALLS

IT,S CALLED CLUB 4-2 .

THE CLUB MEETS 1ST SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH AT 12 NOON

FREE HOT DOGS /BURGER AND POP 12.30-1.30 THEN WE CRUISE AROUND THE REGION UNTIL 5.PM

ALL SMART CAR OWNERS ONLY

COULD YOU POST THIS FOR ME ,COMPUTERS MAKE ME HURT- (this 1

finger typing kills me)

For details on how to get to my place visit my web site.

P.S. I NEED THIS POSTING A.S.A.P THE FIRST MEET IS THIS SUNDAY JULY 3

SO FAR THERE IS JUST ME SHOWING UP

OUR BUSINESS IS THE SPONSER MEET AT GARAGE

ONCE AGAIN MEET AT 'BUS WASH' AT 12 NOON

SHOOT THE BREEZE UNTIL 12.30

FREE-FREE-FREE HOT DOGS/BURGERS AND POP AND I'VE GOT 2 CLUB 4-2

RED CAPS FOR THE FIRST 2 GUESTS WHO ARRIVE 1

1.30 MYSTERY TOUR OF NIAGARA REGION(HAVE FULL TANKS READY)

I am going to this event that I just found about about at the Burlington Cruise night. Didnt see it posted anywhere so thought that I would let everyone know. Sounds like there are about five smart cars and about 8-10 people showing up thus far. Here are the details as I understand them;

Smart Car Owners get together in Niagara Falls this Sunday July 10, 2005 from noon till four- ish.

Come one come all ... Dave Brown aka Prevost a smart car owner is hosting a smart club car BBQ starting at noon. He will generously be providing lunch of Hamburgers, pop and hotdogs. It?s a meet, great and drive through the Niagara Region. (something nice on a Sunday afternoon)

Dave is owner and operator of Niagara Bus Wash and a month old veteran of this shinny new smart Coupe, the beast and boy does he love his car!

Dave would like to talk about future Club 4-2 smart plans in and around the Niagara region and some fund rasing smart events. He is looking for thoughts; suggestions and a fun get together and BBQ to meet other owners, so it sounds like it shoudl be fun..

If you are interested in attending (there are five smart cars and owners thus far) please send Dave a quick email superclean@niagarabuswash.com or call him at 905 357-3587.

You can get directions to the event by going to Dave?s website and follow the link to the map of Niagara Falls and his address at http://www.niagarabuswash.com/ (click on MAP)

You can get Dave by phone until 10:00 pm tonight or between 6:00 am and 9:00 am tomorrow.

Please confirm if your coming so Dave can have enough food and drinks for all.

thanks and hope to see you there

James aka smartboy

I am going to this event that I just found about about at the Burlington Cruise night. Didnt see it posted anywhere so thought that I would let everyone know.

He must of posted us half a dozen times! Look for the topics in all capitals here...

im finding out about this at 1:45 sunday morning.... if iknew earlier i might have been able to arrange it, but looks like I cant go :( let us know how it is

That is too bad but if you can work it out sounds like fun - I know that Desiel Dave is now coming too - I think we are going to test out more of the Piper X filters too - and of course we'll have our remapped cars there (with the newest HP map from Gary)

Thanks to everyone that made it out today for the first meeting of the Niagara Smart Car Club, Club 4-2. We couldn?t have asked for a better day. Welcome to Prevost, PhatRed, Pot of T, DieselDave, and SmartBoy.

Kudos to Prevost and our sponsor, Niagara Bus Wash, for the dogs, burgers, pop, hats, and the cool club lounge.

After a visit from the local newspaper, a bite of lunch, and the usual banter, the cruise was on. We had a great drive around Niagara Falls and then down the Niagara Parkway to downtown Niagara on the Lake. Prevost, PhatRed, and DieselDave received a warning from a friendly meter maid to vacate the SINGLE 15 minute parking space that they were occupying. Our day ended with a stop for ice cream to cool down before we went our separate ways.

Hopefully more Smarts will come out next time. Our next cruise is on August 14, 2005. Same as before, second Sunday of the month, meet at Niagara Bus Wash for dogs and burgers at 12:00, then it?s off to show Niagara Falls that our Smarts attract more attention than a Ferrari!!

post-149-1121047090.jpg

post-1-1121047090.jpg

post-1-1121047091.jpg

post-1-1121047092.jpg

post-1-1121047093.jpg

post-1-1121047094.jpg

post-1-1121047095.jpg

post-1-1121047096.jpg

Good pics! Did you drive up or down that tourist street with the wax museum and souvenirs where there's a midway-type ride mounted on a roof and you can watch the rider's dangling legs through your glass roof?

Count me in for August, sorry I missed this event............ in my own backyard no less.

It was great meeting up with everyone again - thanks for the BBQ and the tour around Niagara was just GREAT! ... Lots of looks, pointing and comments. Looking forward to August - You wont want to miss it!

Smartboy

Phat Red - great shots of the five smarts zipping around downtown ...

How about a drive over the river if you really want to have some fun.........

psst: invade the Williamsville (east-Buffalo) M-B dealership. :secret:

Now that's what I'm talkin about.........

I'm there!

My smart just rolled of the truck yesterday afternoon!

Just got back moments ago from my first drive of my first new car ever....YYAAAYYY!!!

Only thing now is I have to sell my '99 Saturn to place a down payment in order to get my monthly pymnts to where I need them. CRAP!

'99 Saturn SL1. 126k. Blackberry. 5spd. Eibach Pro Kit & 17" alloys. ps, pl, CD, A/C. New winters, brakes, cat converter, well maintained... she was my baby. $5000

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I missed the first gathering, but count me in for the August 14th! BTW, I got my Smart - All silver Passion Cabrio a little over a month ago and the "Glow" of owning one is still strong.

Glad to see many others with the same passion. See you all in a few weeks!!!

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I missed the first gathering, but count me in for the August 14th! BTW, I got my Smart - All silver Passion Cabrio a little over a month ago and the "Glow" of owning one is still strong.

Glad to see many others with the same passion. See you all in a few weeks!!!

If you can manage it drop by the Burligton Cruise night tonight at the Mapleview Mall starts at sixish ........ also drop by the "introductions" area of the board and introduce yourself...... welcome to the board vroom vroom

Thanks for the welcome! I would LOVE to go tonight, but unfortunately, I have been asked to stay late tonight. Oh well, the life of an Ad agency!!! I've seen pics from your neck of the woods and the gathering, it looks like lots of fun!!!

I will promptly proceed to the "Introduction" and do some introductions!

Thanks Again!

VRM VRM

:moved:

Three topics merged, it may not be cohesive or pretty but there it is nontheless.....

psst: invade the Williamsville (east-Buffalo) M-B dealership. :secret:

Now that's what I'm talkin about.........

The dealership in question. And the MapQuest map of the location. Not a tremendous drive, but there are toll routes involved.

Any ideas about getting the dealership involved and some media coverage? It has to be a friendly event, I would think. Maybe enthusiast42 has some tips.

Any ideas about getting the dealership involved and some media coverage? It has to be a friendly event, I would think. Maybe enthusiast42 has some tips.

This would be a good topic of discussion for Wednesday in Burlington.......

A visit stateside during one of our Club 4-2 cruises had come up in some event planning that we were doing. We decided to skip it for now due mainly to a couple of issues. First, not all of us can go to the states, or more importantly, get back across the boarder after visiting the states. Secondly, sometimes, especially with a large group, crossing the boarder brings up issues that end up with people detained for one reason or another. The club didn't want to tread near either of these issues for the time being. The state side trip is on the back burner for a future time when we can plan to cover these issues so that they won't become a problem.

Other ideas have also been suggested, wine tour, out of town cruise (see 3rd Sunday in August), and I'm investigating a race day or drag day. I'll post events as they come about. Probably two a month for now.

If you have a suggestion for a Club 4-2 get together, please private message me and I'll add it to the list of events up for consideration.