Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mkt

My very belated thanks on a personal level

4 posts in this topic

I've been a bit busy due to work and personal issues lately, but I have been keeping up with the relay by reading the posts and such... so this gets posted now.

I've been very active locally here with the local Leukemia/Lymphona societies for a few years now, having participated in several roller marathons and volunteering in various fundraisers in my area.

My dad was diagnosed with Leukemia in 1992. He was a fighter all the way through, fought to live as normal of a life as he could, given the odds he faced. When my brother and I were not deemed to be compatible donors he fought on. He fought until 2000, when this terrible illness finally took another victim.

As you can imagine, going through this had a profound effect on me. I wish I was able to participate in this event, and am thankful for what you guys have done and accomplished.

with my best regards,

Robert Rexach

I've been a bit busy due to work and personal issues lately, but I have been keeping up with the relay by reading the posts and such... so this gets posted now.

I've been very active locally here with the local Leukemia/Lymphona societies for a few years now, having participated in several roller marathons and volunteering in various fundraisers in my area.

My dad was diagnosed with Leukemia in 1992. He was a fighter all the way through, fought to live as normal of a life as he could, given the odds he faced. When my brother and I were not deemed to be compatible donors he fought on. He fought until 2000, when this terrible illness finally took another victim.

As you can imagine, going through this had a profound effect on me. I wish I was able to participate in this event, and am thankful for what you guys have done and accomplished.

with my best regards,

Robert Rexach

Hi Robert. Thank you for the kind remarks, on behalf of all the Relay participants. We are in the work up stages for the 2007 Relay, so stay tuned. If you are able, you are welcome to participate with your smart (smart cars only). Keep a good eye out for future posts.

Garry

Another reason I await the US smart release... with my driving record, an insurance quote on a grey-market vehicle is far too much. Perhaps I can ride with someone in 07, or rent a smart :)

Yes, I am certain that a spare seat could be found....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More