Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SmartieParts

Scanguage II: Live Fuel Economy and Trip Computer

234 posts in this topic

I guess portability of the unit after you cleverly snake the first cable around inside the smart is the driving force... I know I will be 'hiding' my cable as much as possible once I have a SGII...

As it stands, the 10 spare cables are all spoken for on round 1... Steve and I will acquire more on a second order... to confirm - these are $25.00 each.The first 25 Scanguage units are practically spoken for as it stands... if you would like one sooner than later, add your name to the list.

Ok, we are now sold out if everyone follows through on their word. Dan and awesys, I'm afraid you didn't make the cut for the first shipment. Obviously, round II will start relatively quickly though and you'll get the same price for meeting the Thursday night cutoff.You can ask Keith... I estimated we'd have 6 people sign up for the Early Bird special *blush* - Steven

Hehe. :P OK, thanks for the heads up and for organizing this. I may have another order tomorrow, but I will have to see.

I would like one ScanGuage II unit plus one spare cable, please.

I can do without the spare cable. It was just a precaution should I ever break the original.

Thanks Spinner (I'll take that as a volunteer to be the 11th of 10). More will be available in the near future. - Steven

DieselBub - you are on the list. Could you perhaps update your profile with a location?Steve and I will get a 'round two' order rolling ASAP... I am also looking to have some units leftover for other interested groups... so there will be 'stock' kicking around in the future.

Roger Willco, Smartzuuk!

Profile edited, I was in a hurry to get in on the offer!

I believe we met @ the Cochrane Rally, summer '06

Regards,

Bub :devil:

THAT'S what I'm buying? It says "Live" fuel economy & trip computer - I thought I was getting some Poindexter computer sci grad who would ride around with me and tell me to ease up on the pedal.

Perhaps an inflatable co-ed can be included for a small additional charge. :drool3:

Update: I've got everything marked down in priority order, including the PMs...

We will honour and extend the price discount through the weekend - but note: delivery will be approx 2 weeks later for orders #26 and above.

To recap the pricing:

$185 plus GST/HST as applicable shipped anywhere in Canada by smartieparts.com

except for BC orders...

which are $195 'all in', shipped or delivered in person by me

Second cables, if you wanted one, are $25.00

Cheers!!!! :-)

Please add me to the list. Second round of orders.

Sign me up for two units and one extra cable.

(robodave - you did not see this)

Thanks,

smartmom

Put me down for one as well.Would I be able to uses it in the smart as well as my RV without having to change all the settings?

I've added everyone to the list.

To answer your question Yeti - yes, you will need to change your settings.

However, there aren't that many to change, and so long as you know your speed and fillup calibrations for each, you should be able to switch units and go in a couple minutes...

We will be providing documentation on typical calibrations for the smart diesel.

For example - anyone running OEM tires should be fairly confident that putting in +3% as a speed adjustment will make your speed and odometer (as shown on the Scanguage) within 1% of a GPS. And for a fillup calibration, and 'adjustment factor' of 5% is required, otherwise your Scanguage will show you doing 5% better than you really are. (This 5% amount is subject to additional verification at a second fueling station.)

Putting these two calibration values in, selecting .8 litre for engine size, and selecting 'diesela' for the fuel type, will net you actual real-time fuel economy numbers. As well, your 'tank' fuel economy numbers will be within 1% of actual pen and paper calculations when compared after multiple 3/4 tank fills.

If you've been doing the math, you will also note that simply plugging in the unit, selecting diesela and .8 litres will yield you results within 2-3% of actual pen and paper calcs. But accurate is nice if you can get it. Anyway... your choice.

I will also explain how to record and review the data so that you can determine your own calibration factors, if you so choose. The manual does a good job to a point, but the 'fillup' adjustment can be confusing. You will find this most useful for your other vehicles, where you will need to calibrate the unit to make the data match as close as possible.

Payment will be taken only after the units arrive in Canada.smartieparts.com takes paypal of course (for orders outside of BC)I will be delivering in person to most BC folks, and would prefer cheque or cash, but I also take paypal - and will provide the details as required - actually yes, I will have a paypal link on www.100mpg.ca

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More