Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mkt

List of US smart model 450 (G&K conversion) Dealerships

61 posts in this topic

This thread is just a placeholder for now... if you know of a dealer, please put it in here :)This counts for both G&K/Zap Smarts and official MY2008 Smarts

Hi, my husband and I saw an exhibit by I-5 Motors of 3 Smarts in the Commercial Pavillion at the Western Washington Fair in Puyallap in September. We were visiting in Boise, too, as my husband is originally from Idaho. However, we didn't drive our Smart on that trip - too much luggage!

Here are a couple of links:

Main site:

http://www.i5motors.com/

This one lists 15 Smarts in their inventory, all "hatchbacks".

http://i-5-motors.ebizautos.com/?_page=&_makef=SMART

Alberta

these are zap dealers and also have smartsArizona 3D Auto Wholesalers, Inc.3010 East Main St.Mesa, AZ 85213Tel: (602) 318-4211Fax: (480) 821-7766 California Voltage VehiclesContact: Jeff Schneider3362 Fulton RoadFulton, CA 95439Tel: (707) 568-3333Website: www.voltagevehicles.com Big Kid ToysContact: EJ Wessell476 Soscol AvenueNapa, CA 94559Tel: (707) 256-3300Website: www.bigkidtoys.com Electra-City MotorsContact: Joseph Gottlieb738 West Washington Ave.Suite #DEscondido, CA 92025Tel: (760) 670-3388Fax: (760) 743-2006www.electracitymotors.com Zap of ConcordContact: Patrick Fogarty1891 Market St.Concord, CA 94520Tel: (925) 609-1919www.zapofconcord.com Colorado Elizabeth RV and Automotive Center Inc.Contact: S.T. (Satyendra) Tripathi5475 Highway 86 Unit 1 and 2Elizabeth, CO 80107Tel: (303)646-8810Website: www.elizabethrvauto.com Florida ZAP of Palm Beach/ Foreign Affairs Auto1681 North Military TrailWest Palm Beach, FL 33409Tel: (561) 478-9999 MainFax: (561) 689-7000Website: www.foreignaffairsauto.com Georgia Green Planet2740 Green Briar Pkwy#A3131Atlanta, GA 30331Tel: (404) 622-9875Fax: (404) 795-1051 Nevada Rajun Cajun Used Cars & ZAP! of Reno2615 WrondelWayReno, NV 89502Tel: (775) 828-5121Fax: (775) 828-5322Website: www.rajuncajunusedcars.com Sprads RV andAuto CenterContact: Keith Spradling10000 South VirginiaReno, NV 89511Tel: (775)741-4652Fax: (775)852-0770Website: www.spradsrv.com New Hampshire McFarland Ford Sales, Inc.Contact: Sue McFarland151 Portsmouth AveExeter, NH 03833Tel: (603)772-5953Fax: (603)772-1144Website: www.mcfarlandford.com Pennsylvania Ferrante Motor CarsContact: Anthony Ferrante601 Jackson AvenueVandergrift, PA 15690Tel: (724) 567-5675Toll-Free: (800) 715-5675Fax: (724) 567-5531Website: www.ferrantemotorcars.com Colonial Buick/GMC TruckContact: George Miller620 Little Gap RdPalmerton, PA 18071Tel: (610) 826-2771Fax: (610) 826-2780 Texas Shock ValueContact: John Martin2711 South Lamar Blvd.Austin, TX 78704Tel: (512) 462-3337Fax: (512) 462-3397www.shockvalueaustin.com Washington Green Car Company, LLC11630 Slater Avenue NE #3Kirkland, WA 98034Tel: (425) 820-4549Fax: (425) 825-1255Website: www.greencarco.com enviroSMART Motor Group, Inc.Contact: Alex Spearman3323 20th St. EastFife, WA 98424Phone: (206) 310-9004

Well, I have been actively contacting nearby Mercedes dealerships to see if they are willing to actively pursue beoming a dealer for Smart Fortwos. To my shock, I've learned that the dealer in Ann Arbor, MI has clearly stated that they will NOT be a Smart dealership (no explanation offered). I'm shocked because when I visit University of Michigan's campus there are all kinds of TINY cars everywhere, including Mini Coopers, which sell for much more and get far worse gas mileage. People at the University even joke that when you come to Ann Arbor, be sure to bring a parking space with you. I don't know if the dealer has already applied and got rejected or if they just are not willing to have 'cheap' cars messing up their business plan. I also contacted Toledo, Ohio, but that dealership wasn't quite sure whether they would be wanting to take on that 'investment', just yet, especially since it's been clearly stated that Smart will be aimed at the BIG urban markets, initially. Wow, I may have more trouble buying a Smart than I initially thought. I thought crowded college campuses where parking is at a premium and initial investment is, too, would be the ideal location for dealerships. Somebody needs to let these dealers know they would support them if they come on board. I've made my contacts...HAVE YOU?

Consider yourself lucky (in a relative way), because there is nothing worse than a reluctant smart dealer.That Ann Arbor M-B dealer is definitely not interested in the car for resaons other than rejection by Penske, because lots of Benz dealers in the USA HAVE applied for smart franchises, and the UAG decision on dealers will be announced in a few months.So you are probably wasting your time with them. But telling them they are snobby short-sighted champions of global warming and general idiocy would be a good idea ;)

Cmdr. "Bubba" Cody done sneaked in under the door. I took a great leap of faith and snagged a personalized license plate for my future SMART. I figured I better get going before other Carolinians got the idea.They asked for 3 possibilities and I put one and , lo and behold, I nailed it. Here's hoping we get a dealership here in this part South Carolina. If not - will travel.Cmdr. Cody

www.prestige-motors.comPrestige Imports9330 Liberty RoadRandallstown MD 211331-800-922-1130We have about 30 Smart Passions in stock, coupes and convertibles. Prices are $23,995 for coupes, $27,495 for convertibles. Included is a 4 year 50,000 mile warranty.We are an exotic car dealership that saw great potential in the Smart Car and we became set up as a distributor and offer the lowest prices in the country.Call Chris, George, or Tom for all your Smart car questions, as well as accessories!

Those are competitive prices for the G&K conversions, best of luck!

I got my Smart from Osweg Luxury, Ltd. in Lake Oswego, ORwww.oswegoluxury.com (they have photos and details online)They sell exotics as well as Smart Cars and seem to get a new shipment in each week. Owners are Tom and Charles and are nice folks to deal with. Gave me a good deal and also got a 4 yr/50K warranty. :doublethumb:

Hi everyone,

I purchased my silver Pulse 06 coupe on Jan 8th of this year @…

John Paul’s

Greenfield

Pontiac Buick GMC

3615 South 108th Street Greenfield Wisconsin 53228

414-545-7000 ask for Craig Slater

FYI This is better know as the Milwaukee area on south Hwy 100

Here are a few pics of their current inventory… I live 1 ½ miles from the dealer :yahoo:

post-2166-1173071761.jpg

post-1-1173071761.jpg

post-1-1173071762.jpg

Wow, that dealer sure has a lot of smarts!

Hi everyone,I purchased my silver Pulse 06 coupe on Jan 8th of this year @…Here are a few pics of their current inventory… I live 1 ½ miles from the dealer :yahoo:

:tremble: are any of them diesel?

What is with all the passion rims? They scare me.

Passion = evil.

-Iain (pulsewhore)

Hi Smart guys... :thanx: for the warm welcome.

Hi everyone,I purchased my silver Pulse 06 coupe on Jan 8th of this year @…Here are a few pics of their current inventory… I live 1 ½ miles from the dealer :yahoo:

:tremble: are any of them diesel?
They are all gassers... I thought there are no diesels coming into the US. :dunno: So far I removed the 2" thick padding that G&K contact cements to the inside of the glass roof (what a job) but it came out looking great. :yahoo: If anyone is interested I'll post some pics (in another thread I'd start) and share how I did it.I also installed a Forge BOV... the one that has been modified to accommodate our tiny turbo. (12mm openning).It works fine and I love the sound but it makes an oooph_woosh sound instead of the straight woosh. Not sure why but after changing the spring inside (it's duel piston design) to a differnt tension the sound remained the same, so I guess that's what it is.Can anyone steer me to more info about this spare wheel/tire that some members are puttting behind the drivers side seat. (and where to get one?)

I got my spare through a friend in Germany, who had a dealer over there make one up from a super-skinny older-style cdi front rim (new) and a Continental emergency spare. The thread is here.

You might be able to convince someone in the UK or Europe to do this for you. It was sent by surface mail and therefore not all that expensive in the end.

The other thing some of do for spares is since we have seperate summer and winter tires, just keep one of the other season fronts in a tire tote behind the seat. Though if you are much over 6 feet tall, you might have the seat too far back for the full size wheel/tire combo to fit. No problem for me, and it keeps the groceries from falling under the drivers seat.MG

That is the advantage of the emergency spare: with the driver's seat all the way back and reclined too, the spare still fits behind the seat!

...but hardly any of us have friends in Europe who are willing or can make up tires for us and ship them here. :( I really wish smart Canada or the dealesrhips would get on this and make it available. It makes me very angry.-Iain

Yes, it is very poor of them. I bet they could sell 1000 of them, were they available for what I paid for mine ($150).

Thanks for the info and link to see and learn about your unique spare Mike T.

Like others have already said… I’d be all over one like this if it was made available. Until that happens, I’ll just have to remain envious I guess. :puppy: lol

Felt I would mention we have 4 For Twos in stock currently, all of which can be purchased for what I would consider a bargain amount compared to many other Dealers.In stock now:(2) 05 Passions Silver/Silver(1) 05 Passion Black/Silver(1) 06 Passion Ruby/Silver If you or someone you know is interested please feel free to pass along our information.Cheers!Kurtis TamezAuto Max USA1701 S. 1st St.Yakima, WA 98901(509)453-9399LateModelCars.com (Apologies as the Inventory Section is currently on the fritz)

OK, it's my understanding that Roger Penske will be making an announcement in a few months about the NEW Smart fortwo dealerships. My question is, does anybody know if dealers are allowed to let people in their immediate area know that they are becoming an authorized dealer BEFORE the official announcement? For instance, would they be allowed to respond with an answer if you asked them point blank or do you think they are vowed to secrecy until the BIG announcement to prevent anybody from getting the jump on others in the area? On one hand I think they may want the 'BIG SPLASH" but on the other hand if there's only going to be about 50 dealers, will there really be more than one in a regional purchasing area, initially? I feel like I'm waiting to pray to MECCA but I don't know which direction to turn to face....or which direction I will be driving to make my purchase. Hopefully somebody out there has some insights.