Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartzuum

How-To: Program your Scangauge to work on the smart CDI

36 posts in this topic

......Well, yes, it would be real time... you should create the X-Gauge for your current trip fuel economy (see the book or the online pdf if you don't have that handy)The Fillup adjustment is a stored value that affects ALL fuel economy numbers (trip, tank, day, instant)

I had difficulties with the RJ45 connector I replaced when I ran the cable through the A-pillar, causing many CAN errors and resetting the SG to defaults numerous times. A couple of weeks ago I noticed my car was more sluggish than usual, and the subsequent fills told me I'd used 37 L or instead of the true 22 L. Oops. My ECU got flashed to stock, somehow. Luckily, my tuner is a good guy and hasn't skipped town, so all it took was a call and an appointment and my remap is back in. He said he didn't recognize the software version code his ByteShooter displayed for the stock map, suggesting it's the same version as when the car was built (before any dealership updates). It was not the same as the backup he saved when installing the remap in February.RE: the RJ45: it's now fixed (I think). I remembered all my settings for the SG when it reset to defaults, except for the backlight colours. Want to refresh my memory?

I'm going to update this thread with a few more helpful hints and suggestions. I'm now running a SG in a new-to-me 2005 pulse coupe cdi.

One good item to add to your Scangauge with the XGauge firmware in it, is the boost minus the ambient air pressure... as opposed to using the MAP with the ambient air pressure (14.5 if using PSI) included.

Thanks to smartMath for showing how to do it...

You need to type in the following for a new gauge in your SGII.

I have named that new gauge PSI for obvious reason..

TXD:686AF1010B

RXF:0441850B0000

RXD:2808

MTH:00910064FF6F

I have used this before, but called it BST... You may want to call it TUR

Up to you....

Enjoy

......Well, yes, it would be real time... you should create the X-Gauge for your current trip fuel economy (see the book or the online pdf if you don't have that handy)The Fillup adjustment is a stored value that affects ALL fuel economy numbers (trip, tank, day, instant)

Sorry...what I meant by "real time" was an "instant" readout.That clear in my mind, I didn't realize that a fillup adjustment would affect the instant fuel economy reading, no matter what the display format....(mpg,L/100km,etc).I've never adjusted the SGII in this way, just set the tank capacity at 25 litres upon initial setup & took the instant FE reading at face value, how does the SG arrive at a instant FE reading in this case?

Is the original post in this thread still the best way to setup your scan gauge 2? Has there been any changes to the device in recent years, I know this is an old thread but will probably be getting this for my new to me smart.

I just did my first fill up to get that part of it started this afternoon.....cost me $16 to do 400kms  so far.