Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garry stearns

Spring excursion to Vermont.....

234 posts in this topic

I'd like to get a group of smarties together, for late April, early May for a weekend excursion to Stowe, Vermont.Is anyone interested?Garry

Stowe is about 4.5 to 5 hour drive from the Ottawa / Kemptville area (depending on how many females in the car (we have 4 at Christmas when we go down)). It could be aimed at a long weekend in May (which is my daughters birthday) or, even in June, when there is supposed to be a classic auto show at Stowe. Unless one is camping I was looking at the cost or, sharing accommodations to reduce the cost. Would the extra day put that visit beyond the financial reach of some. Maybe not with enough planning ahead. That date I would have to find out. We could arrange a meeting point at a border crossing then proceed as convoy of smarts.Garry

Interested, but would have to know exact dates to see if it is possible.

Giving this some more thought, you can count my wife and I in for sure as long as it is the Victoria Day weekend or afterwards. Camping sounds better but hotels would be OK too. I hope others come along too, we don't want the Americans to think that the smart only comes in red and silver. :wink: Thanks Garry.

i'm ready anytime as long as i have two weeks notice on when it's happening then we can make it happen and that camping thing sounds like a economical idea but a motel is cool with me to anyways count me in

i know we don't like double posts but maybe some usa smarties would like to do a rendevous then????

i know we don't like double posts but maybe some usa smarties would like to do a rendevous then????

Great idea!!Garry

I would be interested in attending - keep me posted re: dates etc. I would prefer a hotel.Silver Blue (Pat)

YA same,, have no camping gear... unless you think army gear is camping gear.. :lol:

Blueberry would probably interested in a trip to Stowe depending on last minuite confirmation. It would be good if us Montrealers could join up somewhere along the route. Let us know when and where.2seat

I would consider coming over from New Brunswick. It would be fun. :yahoo:

I will look at dates etc and post to get a consensus. Then a plan to meet at one or, two border crossings and proceed to Stowe. This will be great fun.Garry

I just checked Google maps and they say that it is only a 9 hour drive from Fredericton. It would be a possibility for me to go. :smirk:

i'm going snowboarding in vermont with a couple people, including one of my best friends who also just bought a smart off me. so there'll be two of us already on the way. i'm just not sure exactly when we'll be leaving, but if i could join up that'd be ideal. great idea for a road trip!

Garry I'm definitely interested in the run to Stowe for a long weekend. The idea of a second trip to the micro car show in July that mattdaddy provided links to is also appealing.

Garry I'm definitely interested in the run to Stowe for a long weekend. The idea of a second trip to the micro car show in July that mattdaddy provided links to is also appealing.

I am looking at both options, or, doing both. My understanding is there is a car show in June and perhaps my source in Vermont is mixing this up with the micro show in July. Doing both would be great and I will secure dates this evening for posting. Now that my mind is clear (not empty) I will put some teeth into this.Judging from the interest we would have quite a contingent.....and that would turn a few heads. Thanks for the posting. Garry

I'm interested in that excursion and I'm sure that other members of Club smart Québec should be interested too. Could we join your group?I could announce it on our Web site when dates will be known.Julie

I very, very much want to go too. I'm crossing my fingers that it does NOT happen on the weekend of the 12th-13th... :tremble:

Any smartie that wishes to join from Quebec is more than welcome.I going to check the link to the micro car get together and report back. 14 have said they are interested.Garry

I just checked the link and with the show starting July 7 through to and including July 8, we would have to plan to leave the Friday. Prearranging a meeting point or, meeting points. Manchester is a 5 hour drive from Kemptville, On, and the drive is through the Adirondacks. Tomorrow, Saturday, I will post regarding the Victoria day long weekend as well. It is my daughter's 20th birthday and I need to be back on the 21 at least mid day. Which in my opinion is possible. Others like to plant the gardens, open cottages etc. on this weekend, so there would have to be a consensus. Maybe the following weekend, leaving on the Friday or, very early Saturday.There is no car show in Stowe, however, May 19 weekend there is a one day "cruise in" at Bennington, Vermont, at Hemmings Gas Station. Bennington is a bit farther south of Manchester. It would be something like the cruise nights we have during the summer, once a week for classics. Though, this implies bigger. I would rather just enjoy Stowe, the long weekend or, the following weekend and there is lots to do and see there. We could plan some events and sights to see. Garry

The long weekend in May is good for me, with the plan to be home for my daughters' birthday dinner, late afternoon.Please post if the long weekend is suitable, leaving Saturday morning. The micro car meet in Manchester, Vermont is a much longer drive and may be done in July for those wishing to go.It would be great to have 20 cars going down. We have 14 currently interested. which is not a commitment, but a good interest in going.If the long weekend is not o.k. for the reasons I posted previously, opening cottages etc., then how about the next weekend.Garry