Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bilgladstone

Tailpipe bling

11 posts in this topic

I really like the smartpartchick twin terminus. It lists at GBP ?44.99 plus shipping.

Looks like this is a purpose-made SMART item.

Anyone know if it's available in Canada??

Yeah, I'll prolly order it from the smartpartchick if I can't find one this side of the world...

Bil:)

I was in the canadian tire in courtenay and they had 2 similar items in the clearance bin. They were straight piped. I was thinking of taking them and cutting the inlet and re welding it at a 90 like that and it should work. they were only 22 bucks.

I think I just talked myself into buying them both if they are still there.

Sean

I M SMART,

If you look carefully at the illustration, it is not only 90* in the one axis, but also angles slightly sideways. If you look at your OEM tailpipe, you'll see why: it's angled to the left (as you face the car from the rear).

Hey, if you buy the two twinnies and figure out how to fab this up angled like the UK one, will you sell the spare to me??

Oh... or maybe you have two smarts?

Since the smart doesn't specify, you should be sure it is suitable for the diesel version of the smart. They aren't very popular in the UK at all.

- Steven

bil, to save you some trouble, if you don't mind a used one, I will be taking mine off once I get back to Canada next Saturday and will be selling it. If you are interested let me know, I bought it from overseas in the UK as well and it cost me an arm and a leg to get it over here. If you want it, I will polish it up for ya before I send it out.

Since the smart doesn't specify, you should be sure it is suitable for the diesel version of the smart. They aren't very popular in the UK at all.

Hi Steven,

Heard from Smartpartchick today:

Hi Bil,

Tail Pipe is suitable for petrol or diesel, it has no effect on performance but just looks cool. Hope this helps. Regards, Smartpartchick

P.S. It's made by Janspeed, who also make the Smart performance muffler.

bil, you interested in my used one? let me know

Yes, definitely!

When do you get back?

Added a little sparkle last week. Made specially for the Smart car by Michalak.

Heavy steel and chrome fitting just bolts on with included clamp.

No noticable effect on performance. Except maybe under hard acceleration - but I'm not sure about that because I've only just come out of the "break-in" period and didn't really have occasion to tramp the accelerator before.

Although I've never heard my car from outside, if what I hear from the window is any indicater, I think it also adds a little rumble...I see pedestrians turn heads before they see the car.

Props to Harald Wendland at parts4smarts North America for top notch service.

P.S. I really should get somebody to drive it past me one time, just so I can hear for myself!

P.P.S. It still didn't prevent someone asking me today what voltage the car runs on. *sheesh*

post-95-1122876008.gif