Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Albertaaw

Auto Show in Detroit

7 posts in this topic

Hi, as some of you know, Cliff and I are going to the Auto Show in Detroit on the 17th. We are going with Ilderton Tours via a bus. Since they still had seats available for both that day and the 20th, I thought that I'd mention it to the London group. It costs $55 per person and covers transportation and admission to the show. Departure on the 17th is at 8 am from the public parking lot between the gas station and the flower shop on Ilderton Road. Ilderton Tours may be reached at 519-666-0905. We are looking forward to seeing the new Smart in particular, of course! :biglaugh: Alberta

there is pretty good potential that I'll be at the auto show on the 17th as well! Hooray for no class on wednesdays!

Cait, hope that you can make it. Maybe we will be able to cross paths during the show? It is probably going to be a huge crowd, however. I don't imagine that we'll get there till around 10 am. Anyway, be on the lookout for us - I am tall, have long gray hair, and wear glasses; Cliff is about the same height, hair lighter gray, and also wears glasses. I'll try to send a photo later as a pm.Alberta

change of plans. I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to the auto show. My roommates and I were supposed to go tomorrow, but then 2 pf then went today. le grr! and from the pictures everyone else has posted, i think those will tide me over until the cars come out on the market. and i dont really want to spend 21 bucks on the auto show when my bill for school books is higher than its ever been!

Hi Cait,Sorry that you could not make it. We did look for you and enjoyed the show! I'll post a note after I get my photos downloaded. Apparently, Bill (Smartnhappy) went and one of the Smart staff had been told by him that we'd be there, so she was pleased to see us. Not much in the way of handouts though we did get cute pins. We spent quite a bit of time at the Smart booth and talked to a lot of people. It was quite busy!Hope to meet you at some event in the future. I know how costly books for university can be! :banghead: Alberta