Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mixed

Scangauge II gauge mode

44 posts in this topic

More as a curiosity than anything else I was wondering what the four main items users are maintaining in gauge mode, I currently have mine set up to monitor

LHK......litres / 100 k (because you just got to know)

cWT.....water / coolant temp (governs amount of cabin heat I am willing to deliver)

cIA.......intake air temperature (more as a curiosity)

MAP.....manifold absolute pressure (another curiosity)

the two curiosities are rotated out from time to time to display LOD or RPM

LHK upper leftMAP lower leftKPH upper rightcWT lower right

That's a different one Glenn!Mine is usually:MAP - top rightLHK - bottom rightcWT - top leftLOD - bottom left - I have also used cIA occasionally here, or RPMAnd of course, I toggle to the CURRENT TRIP screen

Glenn.........LPH ....... that one I don't get or understand, how is it in anyway useful .. :dunno:

WOW!!!! You are observant! I was checking out the mph readout and therefore my consumption was giving me some weird litres per mile so I was using the LPH to give me a rough idea of consumption. It also makes me feel better to see lower numbers- rarely had it over 4l per hour. :biglaugh: I was just out playing with it and switched everything over to miles and gallons so it was neat to see me cruising along at 50mph getting 125mpg.Now are those imperial gallons??

US gallons, US miles per gallon.Remember too, if you care, when using gallons, change you tank size accordingly.

LHK - top rightLOD - bottom rightMAP - bottom leftcWT - top leftAnd, if anyone is wondering, cWT will register -C in double digitsMG

Thanks for that note; I doubt I'd ever see that myself ;)

Current (just changed this afternoon):LHK upper leftLOD lower leftMAP upper rightKPH lower rightand the scangauge is place just in front of my tach, so I can get 5 different figures (plus the time) from one location (but too much to take in in one glance). I formerly had the RPM displayed, but that was redundant with the tach right there so replaced it with MAP. I understand what MAP is displaying, but I'm not really sure of its significance yet. MAP minus air pressure equals boost, afaik, but is there a target pressure or level of boost I should be aiming for or avoiding?

I guess I must be showing my age but I really like the MPG readout.To me it seems you can do more fine tuning when you see reading between 4-400, as opposed to 2-20. Has anyone else tried the MPG?

TPS GPHMPG MPHDoes anyone know what the what the outlet is for on the right side of the ScanGauge is for? A second SC?

Optional location for the plug....

The second interface makes it easier to attach the cable if you velcro the back of the unit to the drawer.MG

Ok, Thanks. Has anyone tried to connect a second one to that port? I could use two more places for rpm and temp, with out having to switch back and forth.

Daisy-chaining 2 together? Since it takes power from the cable, it may not be a passthru, or there might be a voltage drop to worry about. Maybe fire a note off to the manufacturer, and see what they say. Making a Y cable out of the original, or as an add-on, but I can't say if that would have any bad effects on the scangauge or whatever is at the other end of the OBD port.MG

I'd be highly skeptical that it will work. The port you are connecting to is not Ethernet. There will be no protocol support for two devices on the same connection both trying to query the ECU. At best it just won't work. At worst, you could toast the car's ECU, unlikely but conceivable.

Keith, after reading what other have said, don't try it on my account. I wouldn't want you to fry your car or scangauge. I think what we need is a ScanGauge III! :doublethumb: with a 6 or 8 function display! :yahoo:

I guess I could try, since I have more than 1.

I think what we need is a ScanGauge III! :doublethumb: with a 6 or 8 function display! :yahoo:

X-Gauge has seven! Hopefully available this year for our wee diesel.

............................ Posted Image...

Well I just got it so I'm still tinkering, but I likeLHKLODcWTMAPUsually like this I guessLOD MAPLHK cWTBut I don't know where it'll go yet so those might change.

RPM KPHLPH LODSometimes cWT or cIA - I don't have a googly eye tach so it is helpful - also if at a light - I will check the cumulatives for fuel consumption - tank trip etc.If in the states - I switch over to MPH and MPG - but careful - that boogers up your tank setting - i.e. your 23 or so litre tank now holds 23 US Gallons - and E3 faints at the possibilities on a single tank!Cheers,Cameron

Ps - has everyone changed over from the 2 second update to the 1 second one? - makes the data a bit more pertinant. If you don't know how - I am going to be mean - read the manual!Cheers,Cameron