Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mixed

Scangauge II gauge mode

44 posts in this topic

Well, I finally remembered to fire off that letter to SC and this is what they said.

Keith,

It may be more a function of the protocol than anything else. If your vehicle uses ISO or KWP, the initialization required will probably limit you to a single device on the OBDII bus at a time.

If your vehicle uses another protocol, you can add another ScanGaugeII to the bus by connecting a standard (not a crossover type) CAT 5 or CAT 5e cable between the unused port on the first ScanGaugeII to the second ScanGaugeII. This will put them in parallel.

With both requesting data, there could be some lost data if the vehicle MCU can't keep up with the diagnostic requests. You may have to change the RATE of one or both to SLOW.

So I grab the first CAT5 cable I see (SIX feet long!) and bolt out to the car. Hook it up and bingo it works. I did not drive it around, but all the readouts seemed to update instantly and there was no smoke so I will be stopping for the SHORTEST CAT5 cable I can find on the way home from work tomorrow! :yahoo:

If you talk to someone who does IT work, chances are they can crimp together a custom CAT5 jumper cable for you that's only a few inches long.

I have access to a crimper and cable - not that it helps Keith with me being here. Check out Future shop they have 3 ft ones you can wire tire fairly easily.Cheers,Cameron

I have access to a crimper and cable - Cheers,Cameron

now that you mention it, I think my B-inlaw used to have one. Thanks for the reminder!

The add-a-gauge feature works great.... I have added a 'Trip' gauge called TRP and a true turbo boost gauge called PSISo now I display:RPM, PSI, TRP, LHKWorks great...

smartzuuk

any special commands to enter to get this PSi gage?

can you give us the commands with our SMART in this list:

http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/XGAUGE.pdf

what are the new gauge available in that list for our smart ?

any transmission temp reading ?

my scangauge is on its way forthe free firmware update... and will comeback

ready to use these new feature...

thanks

Edited by ggtronic

Mine is currently displaying:LHK KTEcWT VLTKTE is an XGUAGE that reads "Kms to Empty". I just programmed it a couple of days ago, and it seems to work. When I tanked up last time, it took about a km to start reading out numbers that made sense, slowly working its way up to what it should be from zero.

I have created a few XGauges from the TRIP info area as follows...post-629-1203628526_thumb.jpgNote that I only show the digits that need to be entered in the TXD and RXF screens; the three dots ... indicate any digits that were already there and remain unchanged.After these are saved, they can be called up from the main Gauge screen just like any other preset gauge that came with the unit. In other words, their 3-letter names show up on the list with the rest.Tom

smartzuukany special commands to enter to get this PSi gage?can you give us the commands with our SMART in this list:http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/XGAUGE.pdfwhat are the new gauge available in that list for our smart ?any transmission temp reading ?my scangauge is on its way forthe free firmware update... and will comebackready to use these new feature...thanks

Yup,Go to the following thread I started last month.http://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?showtopic=13133

Is it only the latest ScanGauges that can be programmed to do this?

Yes, you need the latest firmware to do it. Early SG can't do that, you have to ship them out to have them flashed to a newer firmware.

On the topic of Add-A-Gauge. Can we start a thread for people to post the codes for the added gauges?I've seen tons of different gauges that have been programmed but they are scattered all over the forum in different threads. It would be nice if thew were all in one place and clearly itemized, maybe the first post could have a master list and be constantly updated as new ones are added.I know SG has a list on their website but it is for all stuff, it would be nice if we had a list of just codes that smart drivers are using or have come up with themselves.

I only know of one 'special' gauge - being the PSI gauge linked above.The rest of the gauges mentioned, are from trip data. These are easily programmed - the latest manual indicates 'how to' add any of the trip data as a gauge.All that said, I've inquired about getting the PSI gauge programing, except to make it KPA.

I only know of one 'special' gauge - being the PSI gauge linked above.The rest of the gauges mentioned, are from trip data. These are easily programmed - the latest manual indicates 'how to' add any of the trip data as a gauge.All that said, I've inquired about getting the PSI gauge programing, except to make it KPA.

TXD:686AF1010BRXF:0441850B0000RXD:2808MTH:000A0001FC18This one is for KPA

Is anyone aware of a way to access the tire pressure sensor data on the 451s? Surely there must be a way to access that sensor data and convert it to a readable value!

Is anyone aware of a way to access the tire pressure sensor data on the 451s? Surely there must be a way to access that sensor data and convert it to a readable value!

Good thinking... I would like to see that data as well. Hopefully someone will come up with it because I have no clue.

I guess I could try, since I have more than 1.

I have 2 connected in my pickup and it does work! I seems very accurate and no noticeable delay on the readout compared to one SG

I've never connect two, but maybe I should try sometime... I have a couple I think! LOL