Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rstam

$99.00 NON- Deposit

10 posts in this topic

Came across this interesting tid bit today.

..... for $99 you can reserve one now......the reservations don't actually give you a place in line, because the sequence depends on availability in your geographic location

You can read the rest of the story here http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/05/smartus...st-in-the-fort/What the :dunno: ? This sure does not seem like the way Penske normally operates.Regards,Roger

We were putting $1000 up front for cars sight unseen before the cars were even in Canada. This did not guarantee an absolute place in line, as delivery was contingent on the production spot of each particular car. From their perspective $99 isn't much to put one's money where their mouth is and separate ther looky loos from those genuinely interested in buying one. There really can't be a dealer list to go on until dealers are selected. This may play a part in projecting where initial sales and service may be most in demand.

i believe this is not connected to Smart or United Auto Group in any way.......it almost appears to be very grey

No, the Link is OK. I would say that sending a $99 (refundable) deposit to UAG would be a good idea.

I do plan on sending my $99 as soon as I find out where and how. I've wanted a Smart since they first came out, but was NOT willing to go the grey market version route.

I live only a few miles from UAG headquarters and I plan on stopping by there tomorrow PM.

It certainly seems like it's from UAG. I first saw this on autoblog dot com, and when you google Smart USA under News several news outlets have carried the story.

Sally - sorry my post concerned you. I am definately not a spammer, and I had to submit my first post sometime.

Roger

rstam; That is ok. just been seeing alot of one timer posters in the past few weeks and wasn't sure you were for real because you had not come back yet. Never know whats going on. Hope you get a car soon.

i believe this is not connected to Smart or United Auto Group in any way.......it almost appears to be very grey

I stand corrected...I believe this is for real.....

It is even mentioned on the smart USA website now, the one accessed through smart.com.