Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SCHMART

National MicroMinicar Meet

54 posts in this topic

My wife and I are going in our smart. I registered some time ago. I visited the museum last year and wrote a story for the newspaper on Bruce Weiner and the museum.

My wife and I are both registered and paid. I reserved a room at the new Wingate Inn Madison just a few minutes from the event. All of the hotel/motels are in the same area. By reserving early and with no cancellation ability, we got a great rate.

I drove the Zundapp Janus when I visited there last year. Very cool

trust me, drive the Berkeley T60 - not much go but fantastic handling, even for a three wheeler - I've had three and still have a 70bhp Berkeley B95 four wheeler. The Multipla is cool too, as is the Janus. Never driven a Velam Isetta but owned three BMW isettas and I've had a Trojan (a British Heinkel Kabine). Also a very cool car to drive. I nearly sold a Powerdrive to Bruce Weiner.Campbell

To those attending the micro car event --- would you see if there is a MAICO there. If there is, I'd sure appreciate it if you would take a picture for me.I had a '58 Maico (think that was the last year it was made) in 1961. A little 2 door (suicides) 4 passenger, black, rear engine, reversible fan, 2 cylinder 18 horsepower, 12 volt battery was as big as the engine block. Water cooled - rasiator held 3 quarts. Top speed - 50 unless going downhill. Close to 50 mpg in town. 12" tires. I did get stuck in snow 1 time going home from college - had 3 other guys in it - we did lift it out. That car is 1 of those "shoulda's".

Besides a Smart 4/2, I own a 72' Shorty Mini. I would clean house with that thing! It needs a brake master cylinderand a fuel line to get back on the road. No big deal. IT RULES! I bet no one knows what that is........... :biglaugh:

yes and no. It's a Shorty Mini. It's half that size.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This isn't mine. But this is a Shorty Mini. Mine is a 72' and it's blue. I can post some pix soon.

But just to give you an idea what a Shorty Mini is............. :rockit:

All mine needs is a fuel line and a brake master cylinder and an emmissions test! (good times on that one)

But yeah, this would have been cool to take to that microcar show.

Pantytec,That orange shorty mini is really cute and I love the styling of the trunk. Thanks for posting the pix. Oh yeah, that stretch mini cooper behind it looks crazy! I wish I could have seen people getting in and out of it. If it's not a cooper let me know.Regina:)

yes and no. It's a Shorty Mini. It's half that size. This isn't mine. But this is a Shorty Mini. Mine is a 72' and it's blue. I can post some pix soon.But just to give you an idea what a Shorty Mini is............. :rockit: All mine needs is a fuel line and a brake master cylinder and an emmissions test! (good times on that one)But yeah, this would have been cool to take to that microcar show.

thats a cool picture

There are allready several Smarts registered for this event...

I'll be in Madison friday evening in my smart "glider", staying at the Days Inn, I heard of a yellow smart in gatlinburg i was there at the Grand Hotel Rod Run in Pigeon Forge, in a red and black one, Every weekend is a car show going on in the area, i live 45 minutes from gatlinburg, leonard ingle greeneville tennessee

My wife and I are in Raleigh NC now. We leave for Madison tomorrow morning and should be there late afternoonLooking forward to seeing everyone

Just getting ready to leave. Should be on the road by 7:15Looking forward to seeing everyone

The microcar gathering was a blast....Glen and I left Norfolk thurs morning and every rest stop and gas station ended up keeping us busy answering questions for half an hour....there were hundreds of cars and 168 microcars in the micro parade. There were Ga state troopers and Madison police at the intersections.... I'm hoping more pics will be added. the museum was awesome. five american smarts and three Canadian were there.

post-1049-1180365879.jpg

post-1-1180365879.jpg

post-1-1180365880.jpg

post-1-1180365881_thumb.jpg

post-1-1180365882.jpg

post-1-1180365883_thumb.jpg

post-1-1180365884.jpg

post-1-1180365885.jpg

post-1-1180365886.jpg

Awesome pictures Rob, thanks for sharing :) (and that bike is way to big for me!)What do the seats feel like on the crossblade?! It's some kind of rubbery fabric, isn't it?-Iain