Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartsally

How to beat the heat. Sunshades and water bottle holder

8 posts in this topic

Sunshade for front window. I see some are trying to find a sunshade for the smart that is big enough to fit the windshield. I cam eacross this material which may be availlable in shipping areas or maybe craft shops,,, I found it at my work place because some companies are using it to put on palets so the stuff they ship is not destroyed by nails. It is silver on one side and white on the other. I cut it and made folds in it and it works perfect.

Side window shade:

I bought a rolled up silver shade at CanTire (the long one for vans) and cut it in half. Fold up the end a bit and roll up the window into it (not all the way up of course) Makes one for both sides.

post-11-1121488723.jpg

One day I took a bottle of water with me and then later stopped at Timmy's for a coffee. At the drive through window I was trying to figure out what to do with my water bottle since it still had water in it and I did not want to put it on the floor. It happened to be a shorter bottle with a good cap on it that does not leak. while trying to drive away from the window and let the next guy in I ended up putting it in the map holder thing on the door and have been putting it there since. the cap should be closed tightly even tho I have left it open and have not spilled a drop and when you shut the door it does not fall out either. Look for a bottle that has a good fit.

post-11-1121489049_thumb.jpg

What heat? It's been about 24 degrees tops here so far this summer! I swear it was warmer in February! :lol:

With my car, I open the roof remotely before getting in and any hot air trapped inside is released and everything is nice inside when I get in there. The solid cabrio roof seems to insulate the car fairly well, both in (relative) heat and the winter.

I also tend to leave the windows craked open a bit to let hot air escape if I know it's not going to rain.

Ya but when does it not rain there? ha ha

We have had it pretty good so far, but the last few days warmed up some. I still find the car is like an heat pocket no matter what the temp because of all the glass we have so I think no matter where you are you need to put up some kind of shield.

I am so glad I don't live in Ont tho when I see their humidex readings...