Diesel Dave

BRABUS nightrun registry

141 posts in this topic

This is identical to the grandstyle registry

Club smart car registry

yet even simpler. There are only 50 cars and all are coupes. Just look for the black coupes with the nightrun pinstripes and brabus equiptment. If you don't know how to post your findings, just PM me or Mike T and we will post it for you. I thought of this because today, I spotted nightrun #12 at Garden Motorcar in Burlington. It was still dirty off the truck and the lighting was not that good but, I noticed the powder blue leather throughout the interior including the dash and the steering wheel was suede if you can believe it. Anyway, here's the first entry in the registry featuring the car number out of 50 and the VIN info. Mike T, feel free to make any adjustments as you see fit.

nightrun #12/50 297485

Edit: long url

Way to go Dave; I think we should be able to get all 50 if we try REALLY hard! But we need all members to help!

Thanks Mike. Just to clarify further. The nightrun has a dash plaque inside at the bottom of the windshield that says "nightrun 12/50" for example. The numbers are much larger than the grandstyle making them easy to see. Because all 50 cars are the same, there's no need to study the car for options. All we need are the dash plaque number and the last 6 digits of the VIN. Please check your local showrooms. Some cars may appear this week and most if not all of them will likely be on that big shipment that Mike reported. If you are going to the auto show, could you check the nightrun on display? Don't forget the grandstyle as there will likely be more of them arriving as well.

I thought all 200 grandstyles came in that one shipment? almost a year ago...they should all be here by now?S

I thought all 200 grandstyles came in that one shipment? almost a year ago...they should all be here by now?S

Good question. We saw lots all at once. We registered 83 of 200, a pretty good effort but, still less than half. I have never seen one since. I suppose the best way to know is to get a dealer to check the computer to see what is in the next shipment.

One more thought. What if grandstyle sales were not as anticipated? Could they have stopped producing them? Perhaps they only made 100. Who would know if they did? We don't even know where car #1 is today and I know it exists because I sat in it.

AFAIK the grandstyles were produced all 200 in one run. Some were presold and the others were doled out as a # per dealer. I am sure all 200 are in the country but I would guess that some are owned by non forum goers/garage queens? and in places where there may not be other smart members to spot them. There was no intent to presell all 200....and from what I remember there were a great number presold for a car sight unseen!If they didnt produce all 200 then that makes them even more limited in edition...which I would like to know!S

I made two more nightrun spottings today. nightrun #22 is on the showroom floor at Midtown in Toronto. nightrun #50, the very last car, is on display at the auto show in Toronto. Now is the time to check your local dealer and don't forget the yard behind the building.nightrun #12/50 297485 nightrun #22/50 305024nightrun #50/50 300799

I made two more nightrun spottings today. nightrun #22 is on the showroom floor at Midtown in Toronto. nightrun #50, the very last car, is on display at the auto show in Toronto. Now is the time to check your local dealer and don't forget the yard behind the building.nightrun #12/50 297485 nightrun #22/50 305024nightrun #50/50 300799

I spotted today at DMFCnightrun #31/50 295792she's nice

nightrun #12/50 297485

nightrun #22/50 305024

nightrun #31/50 295792

nightrun #46/50 297856

nightrun #50/50 300799

We have 10% of them so far!

Way to go NJV. Yes they are nice, such a quality interior and what a great value. Can you imagine what all that Brabus stuff would cost if you added it to your car? Making a trip to the dealer does more than help the registry. Visiting the nightrun in the showroom gives you a chance to see what the brabus stuff could really look like on your car. For me, that Brabus front spoiler is next!nightrun #12/50 297485 nightrun #22/50 305024 nightrun #31/50 295792 nightrun #46/50 297856 nightrun #50/50 300799 We have 10% of them so far!

#3 is in Saint John, NB. The dealer e-mailed me the other day to see it I wanted to trade mine in. I can get the SIN next time that I am there, which is in 700km.

I just took Eightball in to Weber for some minor service. They have Nightrun # 30 there. They have only had it for a week and it is not yet spoken for! The blue leather actually looks a lot better live than in pictures. Still 145 tires on the front though.

We need the serial number! Please can you get it?

They're definitely a great value with all of those accessories... i'm just shocked that heated seats weren't included. Does it at least have the power/heated mirrors?

They're definitely a great value with all of those accessories... i'm just shocked that heated seats weren't included. Does it at least have the power/heated mirrors?

yes it does have power heated mirrors. you're right about the heated seats. I would love it, but those leather seats would be chilly in the winter. I think I'll just try to win one through the test drive promo, hehe, then I could use it in the summer and park it for the winter.

Congratulations on your purchase. :)I think you're the first member on this board with a nightrun edition. :)

Congrats smartdave,That is a nice car. I was drooling over it at the dealer earlier this week. Nice to get the pulse wheels with snows too.EDIT: One thing you might want to look into is getting a pair of 195 tires for the rear wheels and putting the 175s from the rear on the front wheels (on the Brabus wheels). These rims are wider than the stock rims and can be fitted with 175 front and 195 rear wheels. From what others say, this gives you much more responsive steering and stablity, although maybe slightly lower fuel economy.

nightrun #12/50 297485

nightrun #15/50 305573

nightrun #22/50 305024

nightrun #31/50 295792

nightrun #46/50 297856

nightrun #50/50 300799

I agree with what NJV says; the skinny tires on the nightrun's wide rims is at best a compromise. Get a pair of 195/50-15 tires (continental Eco contact or Premium contact) from member FastEddy in BC, put them on the rear and move the 175/55-15s to the front....... you will not believe the difference in the roadholding and stability.